Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

The people taking and publishing photos weren't a main consideration in a photo-op?

The schedules of the various politicians drove this being on a Friday.....not the media availability.

If this had been on a Sunday....reporters would have groaned....but their bosses would have said "suck it up and cover the story".

They don't have enough to utilize the full capacity of the ATC/ATO, that is true.

But they have more than enough equipment to operate full service on the extension at all times, and to have a modest increase in service over what is currently possible.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

To clarify, by “full service”, I meant service levels that saturate the capacity of ATO, particularly on areas of Line 1 where crowing is most critical.

The people taking and publishing photos weren't a main consideration in a photo-op?
The media can show up anytime, the politicians are the tough ones to schedule. (We decided to skip this morning's circus; we'll be happy enough to be there on Sunday with everyone else.)

Now do the very same photo op for the sharing of the transit operating budget subsidy. What venue would the ribbon cutting be done at?

ribbon_cutting.jpg.size-custom-crop.1086x0.jpg

They're probably arguing over the 33/33/33 operating subsidy spit and who pays the remaining /1. :(

Now do the very same photo op for the sharing of the transit operating budget subsidy. What venue would the ribbon cutting be done at?

They're probably arguing over the 33/33/33 operating subsidy spit and who pays the remaining /1. :(

I'm afraid Tory would be standing on stage by himself; so lets just take it in the mayors office.

Looks like the TTC just pushed Sunday's schedule changes to the website two days early, overwriting the current schedules. This is kind of annoying considering I was still planning to use some of those routes before the subway's opening on the 17th.
They always seem to do this on a Friday before a change.

You should be able to pull the old information using Google Maps, Triplinx, or the old pages themselves with https://web.archive.org/web/*/ttc.ca

All aboard TTC's Line 1 Extension

December 15, 2017

This Sun., Dec. 17, Mayor John Tory and TTC Chair Josh Colle will board the first train in revenue service on the Line 1 extension northbound from Sheppard West Station.

Mayor Tory and Chair Colle will travel up to Pioneer Village Station, which straddles the border between Toronto and York Region, where they will meet Minister of Transportation Stephen Del Duca. Minister Del Duca will begin his journey on the first southbound train from Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station.

Members of the media are welcome to join the ride, and to explore the 8.6 km extension and six new stations throughout the day.

Date: Sun., Dec. 17, 2017, First train northbound
Time: 8 a.m.
Where: Sheppard West Station - Northbound Platform

Photo Op
Time: 8:10 a.m.
Where: Pioneer Village Station

Now I'm really having trouble deciding which way to ride on Sunday morning.

Riding with DD...... ugh.

- Paul

Back