Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

It's called Bloor-Yonge, isn't it? (ie Bloor, if you're on the Yonge line and Yonge if you're on the Bloor line).

So its not named Bloor-Yonge, its either Bloor if travelling on the Yonge line, or Yonge if you are travelling on the Bloor-Danforth line.

If Sheppard is extended west to Sheppard West, what's wrong with just calling the station Sheppard West? There is no other station named Sheppard West. It would be no different than Spadina Station or St. George.

It's not a fully functioning airport, it's only used for testing of Bombardier planes. The plant provides valuable jobs to the community but I do believe that it's days are numbered there as all of the plans for Downsview Park that I've seen have the runways removed and or paved over for pedestrian/vehicle use.

I'd imagine they would straighten sheppard and pull Dufferin through if they remove the runways.

The plant provides valuable jobs to the community but I do believe that it's days are numbered there as all of the plans for Downsview Park that I've seen have the runways removed and or paved over for pedestrian/vehicle use.

I haven't seen any plans with the main runway removed or paved over for pedestrian/vehicle use. The plan above shows it there, the city master plan shows it there, every plan I have ever seen shows it there.

I haven't seen any plans with the main runway removed or paved over for pedestrian/vehicle use. The plan above shows it there, the city master plan shows it there, every plan I have ever seen shows it there.

As active runways or simply "here's a paved piece of land that used to be a runway but since there isn't an airport here anymore it's just for community use."?

As active runways or simply "here's a paved piece of land that used to be a runway but since there isn't an airport here anymore it's just for community use."?

As private property that is used to get Bombardier aircraft into the air. I'm sure Bombardier would continue to make the space available for large events as it has a couple of times in the past.

Interesting retail around the future terminus of the spadina line.
corpcent.jpg

Attachments

• corpcent.jpg
    corpcent.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 340
That's what's there now, yeah.
Even if all that retail stayed, that doesn't show the sure-to-be-redeveloped Tormont site on the south side, and the 35-storey towers already approved for the NE corner of Jane/7.

I know it's just a rendering but this is what they expect it to look like by 2031....
(This would be looking west, from Jane, along Hwy. 7)

vaughannight2_2009_09_091.jpg

Anyway, if the implication is you can't have big box retail near a subway terminus, my answer is "so what?"

Back