Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

I couldn't help but notice the previous posts - hah!

People make it sound like South Beach and California are competing against each other - West Coast vs. South Coast? Hopefully not.

All I can say is that both of these developments will be great for the South Etobicoke area as it grows more popular. I have been to both sales offices and they both look great.

For me, I find it hard to know what I would get from SB because I don't know of any other condo buildings that the builder has done? Have they done any? That makes me nervous. Whereas the builder of Cali Condos has built the whole Mystic Pointe Community, along with many other projects around the city which makes me feel more comfortable about the product that I would get.

.....I also love playing squash and working out, so the courts at Tides, iLoft and Cali appeal to me. Different strokes for different folks :)

I couldn't help but notice the previous posts - hah!

People make it sound like South Beach and California are competing against each other - West Coast vs. South Coast? Hopefully not.

All I can say is that both of these developments will be great for the South Etobicoke area as it grows more popular. I have been to both sales offices and they both look great.

For me, I find it hard to know what I would get from SB because I don't know of any other condo buildings that the builder has done? Have they done any? That makes me nervous. Whereas the builder of Cali Condos has built the whole Mystic Pointe Community, along with many other projects around the city which makes me feel more comfortable about the product that I would get.

.....I also love playing squash and working out, so the courts at Tides, iLoft and Cali appeal to me. Different strokes for different folks :)

South Beach is the first residential complex for Amexon but I'm not worried because they contracted ToddGlen company to build it for them ( same people that are building Cali/tides....)

Ducati does tend to lie a lot regarding California and South Beach... don't know why but he keeps doing it... maybe because it will block California's view... :))) or maybe he's just jealous he rushed into buying a unit in this plain looking condo with poor features and finishes named California... :)))))

Like I said in my post they are at 70% and are ready to break grounds in a few months... maybe they were lying i dunno and i don't care... at least let's hope it's not gonna take them 5 years to start like ILOFTs... hahahhaah... hopefully... :))

BTW... i noticed that prices have gone up by $10000 to $15000 since I bought my unit... which is not bad...

Last edited:
Let's keep this on topic, rather than attacking other people.

Ok, so we know that ToddGlen is doing both projects, but is it not the builder who makes all the decisions re: suite layouts, etc? I wasn't a huge fan of the SB suite layouts (narrow, not enough window light, etc) and I found SB to be over-the-top with their presentation and model suites. The sales staff told me that everything I saw in the suites were standard, which I think is 'too good to be true'.

The other worry I have is that without the track record and if they don't have enough pre-sales to start construction, SB will not be delayed but it could get cancelled. Things are very shaky these days - you never know what can happen!

Last, I doubt SB will interfere with any views from Cali or any of the buildings in Mystic. What concerns me is that the proposed Phase II of SB is right in front of Phase I, blocking the south view of the first building.

Just my thoughts....time will tell....

Amexon is a well established company with a proven track record and has built residential before. They are probably quite commited to South Beach having put a lot of time and money into the approval process. However, it always come down to the sales.

Last edited:
P.S just go to the showroom and ask them....ground breaking will not be in 2009 for sure.

You're credibility just went out the window. The sales reps make it up as they go along. I've even met a few that had to look up the name of the developer!

I'd hate to see this get cancelled. It would create a unique, lively retail strip along Park Lawn, currently a very dead street.

Let's keep this on topic, rather than attacking other people.

1). Ok, so we know that ToddGlen is doing both projects, but is it not the builder who makes all the decisions re: suite layouts, etc? I wasn't a huge fan of the SB suite layouts (narrow, not enough window light, etc) and I found SB to be over-the-top with their presentation and model suites. The sales staff told me that everything I saw in the suites were standard, which I think is 'too good to be true'.

2). The other worry I have is that without the track record and if they don't have enough pre-sales to start construction, SB will not be delayed but it could get cancelled. Things are very shaky these days - you never know what can happen!

3). Last, I doubt SB will interfere with any views from Cali or any of the buildings in Mystic. What concerns me is that the proposed Phase II of SB is right in front of Phase I, blocking the south view of the first building.

Just my thoughts....time will tell....

1). Narrow units in Toronto? :)) I know what you mean. We all pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for little boxes in Toronto... Not enough window light? I wouldn't say so but that's just me... unless you looked at Seville unit which has only 11ft of windows?
Presentation center is over-the-top and it includes all standards ( so they say)... I could only hope for the best... :)

2). Totally agree with you on this one... Nowadays you never know what could happen...

3). Can that actually happen? I dunno... Remember what happened with Beyond the Sea? Star Tower? It might happen here as well... Time will tell...

borisp name one thing I lied about.SB breaking ground after only 6 months of sales in this recession?.Yes ilofts taking for ever,yes its not the best looking condo in Toronto but look at what you get for the price,nothing out there compares to the sports center,pool,running track,etc,etc in this price range.The frontal view is going to be townhouses and like all other projects when a new one is built usually it blocks the views of other condos.

I just find it surprising that all of the finished can be standard, for the whole building, so they say.

It would be interesting to buy a suite and ammend all finishes details and specs to a sales agreement - see if the builder approves it. I would put my money on a "highly unlikely"!

without adding fuel to the 'fire' ... I will say that the model suites in the South Beach presentation centre are truly OVER THE TOP in terms of bling ... when the sales staff say that the finishings are 'standard', I asked for clarifications and found out that the standards refer to the cabinetry, flooring, counter etc .... the wall paneling / treatments (which makes these model suites so outstanding) are seen as 'furniture' in the builder's definitions

without adding fuel to the 'fire' ... I will say that the model suites in the South Beach presentation centre are truly OVER THE TOP in terms of bling ... when the sales staff say that the finishings are 'standard', I asked for clarifications and found out that the standards refer to the cabinetry, flooring, counter etc .... the wall paneling / treatments (which makes these model suites so outstanding) are seen as 'furniture' in the builder's definitions

alot of the finishes were Artemide and Flos items,those are very very expensive fixtures and like you mentioned its very unlikely those items are standard.The gray area on actual items your getting for the price as like other model suites varies.Again why are certain posters questioning my motives,Im telling them what I heard,this project will be a great addition for Mystic Point,I hope they succeed but sales arent that strong like majority of other projects.Camrost Felcorp is the main builder in Mystic Point,they started it all,I luv their other projects and from opinions of the owners of the finish projects they are very happy.

alot of the finishes were Artemide and Flos items,those are very very expensive fixtures and like you mentioned its very unlikely those items are standard.The gray area on actual items your getting for the price as like other model suites varies.Again why are certain posters questioning my motives,Im telling them what I heard,this project will be a great addition for Mystic Point,I hope they succeed but sales arent that strong like majority of other projects.Camrost Felcorp is the main builder in Mystic Point,they started it all,I luv their other projects and from opinions of the owners of the finish projects they are very happy.

I agree. When I talked about standards I was referring to things like II by IV designed cabinetry, flooring, stone counter w/ breakfast bar, undermounted sink, marble in bathrooms etc... that type of stuff... I don't think anyone is expecting those model suite lighting fixtures and wall treatments to be standard... I don't... Although it would be nice to get them but like you said it's very unlikely... :)

As for the ground breaking starting in a few months, I said what I was told...I too expect delays due to current economy...

All these pointless things aside... ducati do you have more info on those future townhouses you mentioned somewhere?

I agree. When I talked about standards I was referring to things like II by IV designed cabinetry, flooring, stone counter w/ breakfast bar, undermounted sink, marble in bathrooms etc... that type of stuff... I don't think anyone is expecting those model suite lighting fixtures and wall treatments to be standard... I don't... Although it would be nice to get them but like you said it's very unlikely... :)

As for the ground breaking starting in a few months, I said what I was told...I too expect delays due to current economy...

All these pointless things aside... ducati do you have more info on those future townhouses you mentioned somewhere?

I would like to hope that anything II by IV touches will be of quality.

Back