Toronto Social at Church + Dundas | 164.89m | 52s | Pemberton | RAW Design

Today:

PXL_20230402_181020261.jpg

PXL_20230402_181033342.jpg

an anyone answer why the balconies only show plain glass when their marketing literature showed this:
More practically, at some point between between the current balcony glass used and that render, the developer cheapened right out. /sigh

Good god they build better looking condos in Markham. It's like a suburban cheapo condo landed in the center of Toronto

That's the worst part....lol. It's the location. Right in the middle of the city totally visible from Dundas Square. Tourist from all over the world come here and this is what they see...lol.

That's the worst part....lol. It's the location. Right in the middle of the city totally visible from Dundas Square. Tourist from all over the world come here and this is what they see...lol.
It will be completely blocked from Dundas square in about 2 years by 252 Church

I'd worry about our transit system and busted up public realm long before singling out any single residential building.

I'd worry about our transit system and busted up public realm long before singling out any single residential building.

Not at all. Most tourist don't judge how much they liked a city based on the local transit system. They judge on things like their cheap version of times square and cool buildings.

They do judge how easy it is to get around a city. That sort of thing always stands out, especially if you're somewhere new. And they will certainly notice the crumbling public realm.

When I was taking the RER from CDG to central Paris, I noticed it was a fairly quick and easy ride; I also noticed the graffiti all over the trains. I don't remember a single building anywhere on the line standing out to me.

Most people aren't architecture/development nerds like us. No one will notice one random condo in a sea of random condos.

They do judge how easy it is to get around a city. That sort of thing always stands out, especially if you're somewhere new. And they will certainly notice the crumbling public realm.

When I was taking the RER from CDG to central Paris, I noticed it was a fairly quick and easy ride; I also noticed the graffiti all over the trains. I don't remember a single building anywhere on the line standing out to me.

Most people aren't architecture/development nerds like us. No one will notice one random condo in a sea of random condos.

If you go on youtube, most tourist actually praise our transit system, but even if they didn't, I don't think anyone says "don't visit Toronto because the subway sucks". I have no idea if they will notice a god awful condo in the back drop of our Times Square, but most tourist will swing by Dundas Square, and I still think it's embarrassing.

Back