Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

Love the podium. Right colour without having to use red brick.

Yes, the lower podium is really quite nice and seems to respect the area and neighbouring buildings regarding height, materials and 'look', however, I have reservations about the upper podium (if one can call it that) and its height seems to bother the City planners too.

More than anything, I'm enjoying the boldly tripartite aspect to the design, how well the different elements play off of one another - anything but clusmy - and how we're inventing new terms to describe what we see ( 'lower podium' and 'upper podium' ... or is it 'lower tower' and 'upper tower' ? ).

They must have released another tranche of units in this building. Last night the sales centre was packed, and the line up of real estate agents waiting to get in was out the door and down the block for hours. They had a rent-a-cop to keep them in line.

This is another project that for a whole list of reasons will not go ahead as proposed. Actually, I doubt it will go ahead even remotely similar to what has been proposed, if it even moves forward at all.

The market hasn't "crashed". The rental market is ridiculous. Quite simply, developers that ask stupid prices won't sell.

This project was simply over priced from the beginning. The prices were totally unjustifiable.

The developer took a risk on this one. Is the City on board? Will he be able to build what he wants? (even if he goes to the OMB). This one, just won't fly.

Back