Toronto Six Points Plaza Redevelopment | 144.6m | 45s | Liberty Development | Arcadis

WislaHD

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like the redevelopment of Six Points Plaza in Central Etobicoke

Application Number:
21 232816 WET 03 OZ
Application Type:
OPA & Rezoning
Date Submitted:
01/11/2021
Under Review
Description:
Proposed development into 4 development blocks, buildings ranging from 10 storeys to 45 storeys, mixed use and containing 2,130 residential apartment units.

No docs uploaded as of yet.

Looks like the redevelopment of Six Points Plaza in Central Etobicoke

Application Number:
21 232816 WET 03 OZ
Application Type:
OPA & Rezoning
Date Submitted:
01/11/2021
Under Review
Description:
Proposed development into 4 development blocks, buildings ranging from 10 storeys to 45 storeys, mixed use and containing 2,130 residential apartment units.

No docs uploaded as of yet.

Gee, who didn't see this coming a mile away! Does it include Apache Burger? Can't wait to ignore the incoming torrent of hyperbolic, lunkheaded, apoplectic comments on FB...

Gee, who didn't see this coming a mile away! Does it include Apache Burger? Can't wait to ignore the incoming torrent of hyperbolic, lunkheaded, apoplectic comments on FB...
5236 Dundas St W (Apache Burger) is not part of this lot, and the application lists just 5230 Dundas St W.

It's huuuuuuge! Well, a good amount of new density proposed here anyway. I suspect it may cause some rethinking of the proposals immediately around it, like at 4 Beamish and 8 Jopling.

Front page story here.

46833-139670.jpeg

46833-139671.jpeg

46833-139672.jpeg

46833-139673.jpeg

Last edited:
Well there goes all hope for a project that will actually anchor Etobicoke City Centre and the immediate Six Points area. The streetscape is a complete miss, the proposed park space is basically useless dead green space fronting a very busy arterial, and the towers themselves are bland.

I cant wait to see how severely underwhelming the retail space will be to put the cherry on top of things here.

This literally reminds me of Liberty Village (which is not a good thing at all).

Well there goes all hope for a project that will actually anchor Etobicoke City Centre and the immediate Six Points area. The streetscape is a complete miss, the proposed park space is basically useless dead green space fronting a very busy arterial, and the towers themselves are bland.

I cant wait to see how severely underwhelming the retail space will be to put the cherry on top of things here.

This literally reminds me of Liberty Village (which is not a good thing at all).
Why are you being so dramatically negative about this lol

"A total of 914 parking spaces are proposed across the Six Point Plaza Redevelopment of which 645 are for residents' use, 53 spaces are for nonresidential uses, and 216 spaces are for visitors."

I hope that this gets changed at some point. This just seems like a huge waste of space for parking for what could be used for more units.

"A total of 914 parking spaces are proposed across the Six Point Plaza Redevelopment of which 645 are for residents' use, 53 spaces are for nonresidential uses, and 216 spaces are for visitors."

I hope that this gets changed at some point. This just seems like a huge waste of space for parking for what could be used for more units.

I'm all in favour of less parking, as a rule of thumb...........

However, for clarification here, all of the parking will be underground; there would not be any residential units underground, so one is not substituting for the other.

I will add, 645 resident parking spaces, as against 2130 units is almost bang-on 0.3 spaces per unit. For a project in a fairly suburban area that's relatively low, and certainly not unreasonable on its face.

One good thing to say about this project, the trees should stand a fighting chance (if they choose the right ones, and plant them correctly).....some very good soil volumes are proposed:

1638882279204.png

The City's minimum is 30m3 per tree, which all proposed plantings achieve.

(for my purposes, I'd like to see the minimum increased to 40m3, but 30 is a drastic step up from norms of the recent past)

But most achieve a good deal more.

2 trees will get 176m3 a piece!

In respect of City standards, I'd like to see some other minimum dimensions imposed. At least 1.5M of soil depth ( 2M would be awesome); and minimum dimensions for open planters in both length and width.

On older streets, one is limited by the practical size of the sidewalk/ROW; but in new builds, we could reasonable require a minimum dimension of 3M wide (4 would get a gold star)

Back