Mississauga Sheridan Centre Redevelopment | ?m | 29s | SRI

Not sure what you mean, they are pretty common in Toronto.
Ah my mistake, concluded that thought rather abruptly before posting. What I intended to say was I can’t see Mississauga designating these HOV lanes. I think the closest thing is a short section of Dundas just out of Etobicoke.

Admittedly, I’m barking up the wrong tree here as a former Mississauga resident who’s probably lost touch. I’m now reading through the 2020 MiWay Infrastructure Growth Plan, I’ll keep quiet until I have something evidence based to report.

Reactions: AHK
I love seeing yet another mall past its prime getting densified and redeveloped. I’m hoping EMTC gets a formal redevelopment master plan next.

Time to start looking into a median-running Erin Mills BRT from Queen Street BRT in Brampton all the way down to Lakeshore/Clarkson GO. This corridor continues to have massive density and connectivity potential.

I love seeing yet another mall past its prime getting densified and redeveloped. I’m hoping EMTC gets a formal redevelopment master plan next.

Time to start looking into a median-running Erin Mills BRT from Queen Street BRT in Brampton all the way down to Lakeshore/Clarkson GO. This corridor continues to have massive density and connectivity potential.
It likely doesn't need to be full fat BRT. BRT light with edge lanes would work pretty well, at lower cost. It's unfortunate that many of the Milton Line stations are not well-located for BRT connectivity on some of the major arterials like Erin Mills, Winston Churchill, Eglinton, Dundas.

I'm actually not impressed with this redevelopment plan. It seems to be compromising the street grid by retaining too much of what is an underperforming mall. I am also pretty skeptical about the green roof of a big box store making up much of the 'green space'. Beyond the grocery store and Service Ontario, there doesn't seem to be much retail of key community value in the mall. I'd be content with Northern Light's preference for some of the larger retail to be close to Erin Mills--could be the podium of one of the condo blocks. It seems like the other two anchor tenant spaces in the mall are either vacant or temporary uses (a faith based school?). Rather than creating a screwed up internal street network to preserve a vacant shoddily built anchor tenant box, knock it down. Just perusing the site in streetview, it is crazy how underutilized it is.

December 15th
1703082707940.jpeg

1703082727564.jpeg

1703082746505.jpeg

1703082762953.jpeg

Visited this ghost town today for a clearance sale on fancy dishware. Virtually no changes in 2024 but thought I’d share a photo from street level.
IMG_0361.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

New facade is acceptable, looks better than the rear side where the first buildings are meant to be constructed. I wonder when they will demolish the old RSA office and clean up the rear facade. Surprisingly interested in seeing how this pans out.

Back