Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

Not before they have a lead tenant. There are a dozen office tower proposals all looking for a lead tenant, all approved by the City, all designed. The big question is "who will sign on where, first?"

Not before they have a lead tenant. There are a dozen office tower proposals all looking for a lead tenant, all approved by the City, all designed. The big question is "who will sign on where, first?"

Brookfield has an aggressive leasing department, could they already have a tentative tenant lined up? And why aren't they marketing? It used to be advertised on their developments webpage but since been removed.

I'd be surprised. Typically if you have a tenant lined up, you announce it.

Frankly, with several buildings around Union Station ready to go, one of them has a better chance to be next.

How often do you get a tenant that takes up a whole building? The marketing being pulled could be interpreted in many ways.

As far as I know, Brookfield is stretching the as of right zoning as far it will take them. Technically, it's pretty much ready to go too. I also remember it being in the Goldilocks range of building sizes. If so, it has an advantage over 45 Bay, 160 Front and, the Union Station tower.

Very true as it's quite a bit smaller when compared to the other proposals; While we like large buildings, most tenants don't care about that unless they're potentially landmarks (and even that probably doesn't mean much), they'd care if there were heritage / brick and beam but that's not the case of any of the new builds.

The Union station buildings may have a bit of an advantage but that'll probably come with a bit higher rents as well.

When there are so many buildingswithin a few blocks competing to be the next one out of the ground, I don't think there's much room for varying rents. I think potential bragging rights will carry the day for the next building: LEED score (firms love to tout their green cred these days), creature comforts and amenities for the employees, central location…

Here's hoping that—as the EY Tower is turning out so well, and so splashily—that cool architecture will soon be on more renters wish lists too!

The third tower is essentially a shorter, more rectangular version of the other two BA buildings.

I hope they do introduce a design twist that makes it look different from the other two BA buildings.

Maybe since BA1 has cut-out corners & BA2 has clean corners, BA3 should have rounded corners like Brookfield Place in Calgary?

Talk about low expectations for the third phase. Just about any architectural flourish on this site will be a bonus, and it would hobble a stark tri-box Monopoly look, of which some actually approve . Indeed, some will say why tinker with a minimalist success ?

ohh...... I thought u guys have a secret thread for the project which is only for the premium members of UT.

We do. You are just not part of it :)

If this project doesn't get built because of no major tenant. Do you think they'll change this project into a prestige condo building because of its rectangular shape?

Last edited:
If it took a long time to find a major tenant, then they would have to consider a change in plans, but who knows what Brookfield would consider a long time.

Back