Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

Second (exterior) crane is now complete:

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

Assembly crane heading out.
IMG_4231.jpg

Crew working on crane support bracing.
IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

New I-beams and stairs on site.
IMG_4236.jpg

Plenty of new steel. No pouring this week.
IMG_4238.jpg

I only noticed now that that crane is sitting on top of a beam. Rationally I know that's not really all that different from a tower crane being held up by a floor slab, but I'm still impressed by it

GTA office building spree to spur major tenant shuffle

May. 26, 2020

The third and final tower of Brookfield’s Bay Adelaide Centre, at 40 Temperance St., is scheduled for completion in early 2022. Scotiabank will be the lead tenant, with 420,000 square feet in the 32-storey, 820,000-square-foot building. It will also continue tenancy in Dream Office REIT, KingSett Capital and Alberta Investment Management Corporation’s 68-storey, two-million-square-foot Scotia Plaza and several adjacent buildings.

Is there some sort of by-law keeping them from fixing that crane to the ground? Too close to the curb? Seems like an impressive feet of engineering to keep the crane a few metres above ground.

Is there some sort of by-law keeping them from fixing that crane to the ground? Too close to the curb? Seems like an impressive feet of engineering to keep the crane a few metres above ground.
I suspect its related to the parking structure underneath and transferring the load to the bearing columns underground.

Back