Toronto Scotiabank North Tower at Bay Adelaide Centre | 140.2m | 32s | Brookfield | KPMB

September 23

BDE7FDC5-2194-43A1-B541-3CF5966D150D.jpeg

At least the remains of that major scar that was inflicted in this area downtown starting in the late 1980's is finally close to being healed.

If only they had stuck to their original boring plan, or I think I might have still preferred the stump and waited another 2 decades for a nice proposal to step in.

Brookfield has spent too much time on their NYC portfolio (not a popular opinion, but think Hudson Yards is a major fail (arch-wise). We need some quality time from our local boys and girls.

Isn't Hudson Yards an Oxford project (with Related Properties), and not Brookfield?

brookfeild owns the Manhattan west project. which is right next to Hudson yards. they look like one project but are not. Brookfield also did the bidding for the Hudson Yards project in 2008.

Does anyone else find the Hong Kong Trade and Development counsel / Cathay Pacific office sitting on ground floor in what is becoming a pretty thriving little retail strip out of place? if they pedestrianize this street - I would cross my fingers that there is an upgrade there - though I guess government backed entities have deep pockets so not sure what will compel them to move out.

Does anyone else find the Hong Kong Trade and Development counsel / Cathay Pacific office sitting on ground floor in what is becoming a pretty thriving little retail strip out of place? if they pedestrianize this street - I would cross my fingers that there is an upgrade there - though I guess government backed entities have deep pockets so not sure what will compel them to move out.
It would be great if Cathay Pacific were to open up a small location near its current location at Yonge and Temperance where Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club members can redeem their Asia Miles in person.

Today, tomorrow, or In 25 years Toronto will look back on this and realize it, and Brookfield, missed a MASSIVE opportunity to do something very special in one of he last remaining prime sites in the financial core. Both were just too hasty and eager to eliminate the embarrassing concrete stump. A sad shame.

A group of protesters out in front every day (or at least every weekend).

Back