Toronto Scotiabank Arena Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | BBB

Was at a concert last night at the SA (*shrugs*) and while I didn't get a photo of it, noticed for obvious reasons that the Air Canada logo on the base of the scoreboard (looking up from centre ice/court) has been replaced with a Scotiabank logo. Didn't have any colour to it (dark grey/black) and seemed like one could look right up through the cube.

Scotiabank Arena, Coca Coca Colliseum.

I really don’t care about the name changes. Let’s just be happy we dodged a bullet given some of the horrible arena names south of the border like Jobbing.com Arena or Smoothie King Center.

At least we avoided Redtag.ca Arena or Pizza Pizza Centre.

Was at a concert last night at the SA (*shrugs*) and while I didn't get a photo of it, noticed for obvious reasons that the Air Canada logo on the base of the scoreboard (looking up from centre ice/court) has been replaced with a Scotiabank logo. Didn't have any colour to it (dark grey/black) and seemed like one could look right up through the cube.
I'm starting to wonder what Scotiabank's motive is for going for this dark grey theme. You would think they would embrace their current red logo instead of the random dark grey theme. Even though the arena is being re-clad in dark grey, it still makes no sense why Scotia is using the dark grey.

I noticed today that they have stripped all the 'architectural memorabilia" (mostly from the old Post Office building) from the wall of the 'foyer' that runs between Bay and Bremner. They seem about to do some sort of renovation to this area.
sbc-acc.JPG

Photo from Google streetview photos.

Attachments

• sbc-acc.JPG
    sbc-acc.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 1,214
I noticed today that they have stripped all the 'architectural memorabilia" (mostly from the old Post Office building) from the wall of the 'foyer' that runs between Bay and Bremner. They seem about to do some sort of renovation to this area.
View attachment 152602

Photo from Google streetview photos.
it's for the construction of the pedestrian bridge to CIBC square

it's for the construction of the pedestrian bridge to CIBC square
Makes sense - lets' hope this work will extend to doing something about the ridiculous long stairway at the west side. The (outside) elevator is not working well over 50% of the time too - there should be an escalator.

You also caught the CIBC square core concrete pour.
Also, the north part of the 1 Yonge parking lot (future phase 3 of the development) is back in use.

Adding to G.L.17's photo, some maths has been added to the sketches on the Galleria walls next to the area the Bridge Connection from CIBC will be attached inside the Galleria

IMG_0922.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 750

Back