Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

Methinks that nevernamed is confused about what is or isn't "demolition", as opposed to dismantling-for-removal.

Look: given the venerability of so much MLG ephemera, plus "green"/anti-waste trends out there, it's *very* hard to believe that they'd just toss it all into the landfill or scrap heap...which might as well be how nevernamed is portraying it...

Ryerson offered it as a donation to the Hockey Hall of Fame, and they have accepted it. One problem though... It was taken apart to remove it from the building, and will be too large to be displayed in full at the HHOF. They are currently trying to decide which pieces will be displayed.

Just another reason why the HHoF should have been moved into MLG.

Methinks that nevernamed is confused about what is or isn't "demolition", as opposed to dismantling-for-removal.

Look: given the venerability of so much MLG ephemera, plus "green"/anti-waste trends out there, it's *very* hard to believe that they'd just toss it all into the landfill or scrap heap...which might as well be how nevernamed is portraying it...

Nope. I'm pretty sure I not. I have photos of the broken screens in a dumpster.

Nope. I'm pretty sure I not. I have photos of the broken screens in a dumpster.

Anyways..It was an oversized piece of junk

Mapleleafgardensscoreboard.jpg

Unlike something like this from the Chicago Stadium that was worth keeping.

Chicagostadiumscoreboard.jpg

its to bad they could not save it. then they just toss it into the garbage looks like they dont care about history. and now ryerson wants to change the name and selling the naming rights to mlg to something like rogers gardens. the project has now been delayed until next fall.

Anyways..It was an oversized piece of junk

Mapleleafgardensscoreboard.jpg

That wasn't the same scoreboard in the building by the time it closed or if it was, it had been renovated.

See: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OGB3Lxa92...r-kqQ/s1600/Fireworks+form+the+scoreboard.jpg

its to bad they could not save it. then they just toss it into the garbage looks like they dont care about history. and now ryerson wants to change the name and selling the naming rights to mlg to something like rogers gardens. the project has now been delayed until next fall.

Can anyone back this up? Because if true, that would be a complete disgrace.

That wasn't the same scoreboard in the building by the time it closed or if it was, it had been renovated.

See: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OGB3Lxa92...r-kqQ/s1600/Fireworks+form+the+scoreboard.jpg

Can anyone back this up? Because if true, that would be a complete disgrace.

This is true. eyeopener has an article about it. They're looking for a sponsored name.

Lets go over the things they told us and changed
A) The original lobby would exist - GONE
B) the original scoreclock would be re-tooled - GONe. maybe 1 face of it was saved for the HHOF
c) the seating would be sold or reused - no answer yet
d) the awning on the front would remain - it appears not.
e) it would still be called "Maple Leaf Gardens".. It WONT be just Maple Leaf Gardens anymore.
f) They were going to sell pucks of the ice pad..... Never happened.

This is true. eyeopener has an article about it. They're looking for a sponsored name.

Lets go over the things they told us and changed
A) The original lobby would exist - GONE
B) the original scoreclock would be re-tooled - GONe. maybe 1 face of it was saved for the HHOF
c) the seating would be sold or reused - no answer yet
d) the awning on the front would remain - it appears not.
e) it would still be called "Maple Leaf Gardens".. It WONT be just Maple Leaf Gardens anymore.
f) They were going to sell pucks of the ice pad..... Never happened.

no wonder they have been so secritive in what there doing all of the things they told us has changed seem like there a bunch of snakes .would a been cool if the original lobby was still there no wonder the guards would go nuts if u just take cell phone pic of whats going on in there

Back