Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

Keep in mind that MLG's roof only started sporting maple leafs in the 80s/90s or so. So while it may be fundamental to MLG's former purpose, it certainly isn't fundamental to MLG's original aspect. (Not that it matters, in the end.)

The city does not like heat-absorbing black roofs, so this new layer will likely have another white layer, paint or otherwise, applied over it before this work is finished.

mlgj04.jpg

I wonder what it feels like to be standing on a roof that was built in the 30's, in the Great Depression, in a few months..
That was left empty to rot for a decade..

I would be freaked the hell out.

I wonder what it feels like to be standing on a roof that was built in the 30's, in the Great Depression, in a few months..
That was left empty to rot for a decade..

I would be freaked the hell out.

If it can handle snow, I'm sure it can handle a few people walking on it. It's not the Metrodome or the Big O afterall, hahaha.

And I agree, a Reichtag dome would have been an interesting addition to it, especially if they lit it up at night.

Pretty awesome photo. It's like they're building a building inside a building (I know they are, but still). Not exactly something you see everyday. Normally when you see those types of portable cranes on a construction site, the site is normally outside, not inside, haha.

Back