Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

I always thought that if the roof was kept structurally, but glassed in - it would be a most amazing interior space.
Just add a few palm trees, a wave pool, a half-dozen waterslides and a hotel on the east and west faces that looks both inwards and outwards (a necessity on the west side) - and presto! - a year 'round Man-Dome waterpark!

I emailed Loblaws yesterday inquiring about their Maple Leaf Gardens Superstore and they responded with "Thank you for taking the time to email us. Unfortunately we do not have any updates on this project nor do we have a tentative opening date."

This does not sound promising at all.

I find this to be very promising, because I'm hoping that this project will crash and burn and that some major developer will step in with more exciting plans for this building.

I find this to be very promising, because I'm hoping that this project will crash and burn and that some major developer will step in with more exciting plans for this building.

Didn't Loblaws already buy it? I mean I guess they could resell it though.

Loblaws fought for that property and took a lot of negative PR over the plans to make it into a grocery store. This has got to be related to their financial situation.

Back