Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Still has a roof. Not good enough. No atmosphere. No view. I go to baseball games for fresh air and views not to watch the worlds best athletes.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but even the marketing slogan for this tells you they're trying to make you buy into something that just isn't the case. "From a stadium to a ball park".

It will never be a ball park. I will give a lot of credit that's it's come a long way. To the point where I don't mind it anymore as opposed having to cringing every time I watched a game for like 20 years.

When you go to places like Boston, the team could suck and the place would still be packed because of the atmosphere. You just can't duplicate that in a concrete bunker.

I think it's totally possible to have a retro style ball park with a retractable roof that will still give that outdoor classic ball park vibe. Seattle's roof it pretty cool because even when it's closed, it's open air.

Unfortunately my dream of the Jays playing in a nice stadium in my life time died when they decided to do this reno. This will extend the life of skydome for another 15/20 years.

Last edited:
have the Blue Jays announce what the attendance will be when the renovation is finished, someone told me it will be 39,000 that he had read, but that sounds low

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but even the marketing slogan for this tells you they're trying to make you buy into something that just isn't the case. "From a stadium to a ball park".

It will never be a ball park. I will give a lot of credit that's it's come a long way. To the point where I don't mind it anymore as opposed having to cringing every time I watched a game for like 20 years.

When you go to places like Boston, the team could suck and the place would still be packed because of the atmosphere. You just can't duplicate that in a concrete bunker.

I think it's totally possible to have a retro style ball park with a retractable roof that will still give that outdoor classic ball park vibe. Seattle's roof it pretty cool because even when it's closed, it's open air.

Unfortunately my dream of the Jays playing in a nice stadium in my life time died when they decided to do this reno. This will extend the life of skydome for another 15/20 years.
If you can't get sarcasm without a JK, LOL, or emoji than that is on you.

If you can't get sarcasm without a JK, LOL, or emoji than that is on you.

Yeah it's really not that important to me. Not to mention I'm not sure many people can pick up sarcasm on a simple plain sentence with no context to it.

Last edited:

Back