Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Looks to be the home plate area? The 100 level seats used to be on two giant rails that allowed them to split open for football mode. Those seats are gone and the rail mechanism is likely being dug up as well.

Also those new seats would need footings to be dug. And the premium spaces behind the dugouts and home plate need to be built as well
Looks to be the foul territory area beside the Blue Jays bullpen - you can see the elevated bullpen in the bottom right of the photo.

Just my guess - extending some infrastructure to accommodate the new clubs underneath the new 100 level, and what ever team facility upgrades are being done.

Looks to be the foul territory area beside the Blue Jays bullpen - you can see the elevated bullpen in the bottom right of the photo.

Just my guess - extending some infrastructure to accommodate the new clubs underneath the new 100 level, and what ever team facility upgrades are being done.

Definitely digging to accommodate the new clubs/lounges but I'm thinking the new lower bowl will lie deeper into the ground to allow for a steeper incline than the original rotating bowl did.

... I'm thinking the new lower bowl will lie deeper into the ground to allow for a steeper incline than the original rotating bowl did.
That would have to involve digging up the entire floor. And making it significantly deeper would mean that more of the field would sink below the view of people sitting in parts of the 500 level.

Last edited:

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I have to shake my head at the people who think this wasn't much of a change. Like, this is a major renovation.
Still has a roof. Not good enough. No atmosphere. No view. I go to baseball games for fresh air and views not to watch the worlds best athletes.

I have to shake my head at the people who think this wasn't much of a change. Like, this is a major renovation.
100 level from the start was a top 3 that needed to be changed. I'm glad for the other renovations on the RC but this as you said is a major renovation. May not seem like a dramatic change. But you'll see a difference in the end. As for actually being at the ballpark in the 100 level. This renovation I cannot wait to see for the final results.

Back