Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Do you think it's feasibly possible to make the roof translucent??

I'm really not sure how that would look. Honestly, it doesn't look too great in the Rangers ball park.

1255297229.jpeg

In Japan, the Ham Fighters opted for a large window, which at least brings in natural light

a-ceremony-marking-the-completion-of-nippon-ham-fighters-new-home-stadium-es-con-field-hokkaido-is-held-in-kitahiroshima-northern-japan-on-jan-5-2023-the-pacific-league-baseball-team-will-use-the-ballpark-from-the-2023-season-kyodo==kyodo-photo-via-newscom-2M6NCT7.jpg

I'm really not sure how that would look. Honestly, it doesn't look too great in the Rangers ball park.

1255297229.jpeg

In Japan, the Ham Fighters opted for a large window, which at least brings in natural light

a-ceremony-marking-the-completion-of-nippon-ham-fighters-new-home-stadium-es-con-field-hokkaido-is-held-in-kitahiroshima-northern-japan-on-jan-5-2023-the-pacific-league-baseball-team-will-use-the-ballpark-from-the-2023-season-kyodo==kyodo-photo-via-newscom-2M6NCT7.jpg

So that's always been the bigger issue with the Skydome as opposed to some sort of translucent roof. It's the fact the all walls are way too high especially in the outfield.

We do get some hints, though, just going by the renderings

rogers-centre-new-4-RF-corner.png

It's interesting that they show the area below the 100 level seats being occupied, as this is currently used for building operations and is off limits to the fans. It looks like it will be another gathering area, however my concern is that the views will only be of the outfield and bullpen areas.

It's interesting that they show the area below the 100 level seats being occupied, as this is currently used for building operations and is off limits to the fans. It looks like it will be another gathering area, however my concern is that the views will only be of the outfield and bullpen areas.
it might be part of some sort of platinum box wiht underground suites similar to what ScotiaBank arena has. who knows until the new renos are unveiled.

Bolting a hotel on to the exterior of the building will do that...
The view of the hotel was gone would be of a RBC building. If you wanted some light it would have had to come from the first base line which looks out to the park or behind home plate which leads to the waterfront.

The view of the hotel was gone would be of a RBC building. If you wanted some light it would have had to come from the first base line which looks out to the park or behind home plate which leads to the waterfront.
How would you get natural light to flow through the grandstands and pressbox? Even Fenway park has shadows cast by the main grandstand.

Yeah, there's a fair amount of space between the stadium and the nearest buildings, because of the rail corridor. I don't think there's any way they're opening the north facade butobstrcuted views and/or sunlight wouldn't be an issue, especially to the north where the sunlight is indirect, anyway. Even in an afternoon day game, you're not getting harsh light/shadows from the north.

1681143027938.png

Back