Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Keeps out the heat I guess.

What is with Florida and all these crazy new stadium projects? I feel like they always have huge government funding, beyond anywhere else.

The tourist dollars! Whenever I go see the Jays play in Tampa, there are far more Jays fans than Rays fans. Staff are always so friendly to us

Keeps out the heat I guess.

What is with Florida and all these crazy new stadium projects? I feel like they always have huge government funding, beyond anywhere else.

Proposed stadium's cost: $809 million, plus $83 million in "necessary infrastructure improvements," including a pedestrian bridge and new parking garage. Lenz adds, "but it's not just a ballpark - it's a community asset."

A giant greenhouse - nice.

I think it behooves us to remember we have a different climate. A lot of theses American stadiums are designed for a much warmer climate and won't work here.

My understanding is that the Tampa roof will be an ETFE roof - similar to the one at Forsyth Barr stadium in New Zealand which can stand up to snow

Forsyth-Barr-Stadium-1200x675.jpg

That's a pretty neat looking stadium proposal for Tampa. They do deserve a nice place after having to suffer with playing in a dump like Tropicana Field for all these years.

The fact that it's actually in Tampa proper is good news. I figure that they'll actually get some better attendance.

That's a pretty neat looking stadium proposal for Tampa. They do deserve a nice place after having to suffer with playing in a dump like Tropicana Field for all these years.

The fact that it's actually in Tampa proper is good news. I figure that they'll actually get some better attendance.
I don't know if the city of Tampa even deserves a team, the fans who come out to the games are great but overall there doesn't seem like much interest in the team at all for as long as I can remember. Florida seems to have bad fan support in a lot of differnet sports but teams never leave there. If these teams were in Canada getting that attendance they'd be gone long ago. That's probably also due to the cost of running a large sports franchise up here versus the U.S.

Back