Toronto Richview Square | 103.75m | 31s | Trinity Group | B+H

1689299643595.png

--- END OF DEVELOPER SLIDES ---

This project is actually just such a mess I dont even know what the plan is trying to accomplish.

The park space is going to be useless along this highway-esque stretch of Eglinton, expanding are surrounding park closeby if possible would've been far more useful. The POPs space is a lazy attempt to tie in the "park" and the two towers together especially with the the stupid looping inner street, and Building C meets Eglinton in an non-inviting way.

This is all just a half-baked lazy plan that doesnt provide useful park space, doesnt provide any kind of decent streetwall along Eglinton, and wastes land with a non-thoughful street loop. But then again this is Trinity Group so they pretty much specialize in half-baked plans which dont make any sense.

Just put the retail in the base of Building B and C, orientate Building B and C in a way where the retail would be useful and front Eglinton and the northern most road, get rid of the POPs space which is useless as proposed (or put it between the re-orientated Building B and C), demolish Building D and put the park space at the rear of the site. Is that so hard?

Last edited:
I live a couple of blocks over from here. Looking at the map,I truly feel sorry for the people who live adjacent to this. Better sell soon....The noise and dust will be here for a long time. Such a shame.Of all the placesin the city, they had to build here?

I live a couple of blocks over from here. Looking at the map,I truly feel sorry for the people who live adjacent to this. Better sell soon....The noise and dust will be here for a long time. Such a shame.Of all the placesin the city, they had to build here?
Who is "they", and why should "they" not be allowed to build here, NIMBY?

Yes, they had to build here. Might be worth familiarizing yourself with land use planning in Toronto before showing your whole ass on an extremely pro-development forum covering this City...

You're angry at the wrong thing.

If you want less development, there are a few government policies which need to be changed.

First and foremost, the incentive to develop needs to go. And that's our excessive population growth. Thankfully there's been some movement on this lately, but reductions probably won't go far enough.

Additionally, monetary policy also needs to stay tight, but seems like that'll be unwound soon.

Therefore being opposed to a specific project misses the real problems.

There could be a 5 to 10 years supply of approved units in the GTA. Prioritizing housing over homes or, in other words, quantity of quality is not as essential in dealing with this administration's obsession with explosive population growth. Of course, quality is subjective. I'm not of the opinion that 30+ storey complexes dispersed to every corner of the GTA is an ideal form for quality housing or does it create immediate affordability . That comes later with age and undesirability. One would hope the current housing investment chaos will be resolved by then.

Back