Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

apart from 18 York and the Ice Condo's I doubt we will see more office buildings until things settle down in the economy.

Spoke to someone involved with the project at Oxford (the owner of RAC) the other day, he said they are now reconsidering their plans. Not sure what this will mean - probably the residential component is a bit of a long shot though.

Probably any component is a long shot for now.

I thought it was mentioned they were close to signing a tenant, but then it went quiet and the revised mix use proposal was put through. I Would love to see this one go up to add to the area and also fill in the now smaller gap between Bay-Adelaide Centre and the Cadillac Fairview Tower.

This tower would be more or less parallel to Bay Adelaide, though. BA3 will take care of the gap you mentioned.

Who cares anyways? The building is not deserving of getting built, so better that they redesign and reschedule for the next wave of office construction - hopefully a new more intelligent/interesting owner will come forth?

It seems like a good many people on this board are just for things getting built, regardless of the design, quality, dimension etc. of the project.

p5

It's being built by a pension fund.

However, hoping that it doesn't get built for something better to come along later is wishful thinking at best. I'm just not very optimistic from the class AA side to provide anything other than high grossing efficiency. Little competiton from too few developers which are still licking their wounds from past ambitions.

This building in its current form does add to the skyline, does bring more downtown density, and eliminates an above ground garage.

True, but really, has anyone even seen a picture of what this project is supposed to look like?

Yes, there are some older renderings that aren't particularly inspiring.

Here's what they might have built about four or five years ago (that's the concourse building left intact, not a facade, and converted to condos or something):

28torontorichmondadelaiop8.jpg

I'm definitely with p5connex on this one.

100 Adelaide (office development - 615,000 sq. ft / Oxford).

Leasing being carried out by oxford.

It's an interesting site ... launched to help with their big blocks of office space available (they actually don't have that much really ... other then this new development):

http://www.oxfordbigblocks.com/building-page.php?&building=100-adelaide

Pretty nice hat to this building ! Similar to the RBC center but I like the top better.

Oh isn't this Richmond Adelaide Centre 3? Maybe this should be merged with the other thread: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/720-Richmond-Adelaide-III/page20

and look at that design, fantastic!!!:D It kinda has a crystal look to it, perhaps what the ROM 'crystal' should have looked like if they'd actually used glass haha. In the video it looks like they'll just be using the facade of the existing building, and they've really opened up the lobby area that you can see right through the old facade. I think this will make a great addition. I would really like to see a render of what this building looks like from Nathan Phillips Square as well.

Back