Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

3594381090_21f28d7ec7_b.jpg

Podium....

caltrane74/flickr.com/SSP/SSC/UT

Fantastic shots Caltrane...
I was sitting right there at lunch yesterday admiring this fantastic building too!

And now, a long distance stitched 18x telephoto shot, so it's a bit shaky, as seen from the barnacle staircase on the back of the AGO:

3595079271_5b66cf2aa7_o.jpg

June 6th Update

Work continues on Saturdays...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

North side -

South side -

Last edited:
Great pics. Looks like this is gonna be the hotel corridor of Toronto, With the Ritz, Trump, Shangri-la, , Hyatt, Soho-metropolitan, Le Germaine, Intercon, Renaisance, Residence Inn, Hilton Garden and Thompson hotel. Did I miss anything? excluding marriott, hilton and sheraton.

oh yes, forgot about those.. and i guess you can add 1 king west and cosmopoliton as well if you wanna continue eastward.

Podium looks nice, it's the south side which looks ugly in my opinion.

I find the podium a bit bulky and overwhelms the southside of Wellington. I'm not writing it off yet, because once construction is done and being used, it will animate the street quite nicely, especially at night time with the lights on.

The up-close detail of this building is wonderful. Probably has one of my instant new favourite facades/curtain-walls in the city. I love the horizontal bands of venting that separate the different horizontal window/glass sections. Awesome.

And the podium is so powerful and definitely sexy.

I'm still on the fence wrt the bulky north facing podium ... what bothers me more right now is the horizontal banding seen on the south side of the tower section

Back