Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I think I see what's going on and why people are arguing over whether the forms have been extended. From the zoomed in pictures it looks like the floor slabs in the condo section are post-tensioned concrete, which necessitates the forms sticking past the edge of slab so that there's access to the cables. You can actually see the knee brace on the underside of the extended formwork in that picture.

So yes, the forms are extending outwards, but that doesn't mean that the slabs are starting to cantilever yet (and looking at the column line it doesn't look to me like they're cantilevering yet).

not even the most minute detail escapes the watchful eyes of UTF forumers!

UTF is to forumers what Star Trek conventions is to trekkies.

A number of us are actually pretty serious trekkies.
klingon.gif

LOL this is just one of several forums I check almost daily. The other two being TrekBBS/TrekToday and HowardForums/HoFo :p

At the risk of confusing things further... if (big if) the stacking plan is accurate (see below a version that isn't distorted) then the first cantilevered floor is 23 and the webcam seems show them pouring floor 22.... though some folks have suggested it's floor 24.

The pillars (I highlighted one in yellow) look like they are part of the tall "notch" in the top of the precast.

Shrugs.

ritzfloor.jpg

Wow! Fantastic pictures! Thanks!!

LOL 3D, you rock my world

Here's a clarification from a new member who can't post replies yet but sent a PM and seems to be informed... suffice to say the stacking plan is totally wrong.

JustSomeGuy said:
I am new and cannot post a reply to the forum as of yet....
Good perspective, although a rendering is not a formal "Issued for Construction" set of drawings. (hence your IF).

The floors in your rendering are as follows:
21ST level - largest floor below the south canopy (Skylobby)
23rd is aligned with the south conc canopy.
25th is currently being formed (on site).
26th is first level to be splayed from typicals.

lower Podium floor labels are all atleast 4 levels off....

Just and Anonymous observation....

New Photos

OK Urban Toronto, for your viewing pleasure let me present to you an exclusive insider's tour of the Ritz Carlton construction site.

LINKY LINKY

These photos were taken earlier today. They are now finishing floor 25. They had some delays but they will now be on a 5 day cycle where they will complete the concrete pouring for each new floor in 5 days. Should be capped by November.

Enjoy!:)

Last edited:
wow thanks for posting that. what kind of work do you do that allows you to get up there?? or did you just sneak up:) anyway one floor every 5 days is fast enough for me. now i cant wait for november, hopefully they can keep up this pace.

Thank you, Andrew, Fabulous photo tour!!! :)

and thank you JustSomeGuy, great input!!....
26th is first level to be splayed from typicals.

say what?

We are lucky here at UT to be getting such great insider reporting....btw, has anyone found a spot to photograph the Ritz, which is directly due west of the project - which would reveal all this 'splaying' which is about to occur? Is the CBC in the way?

Back