Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Visual evidence for Ed's claims.....

courtesy of current on SSC

Photo taken today looking south towards the Metro Convention Centre. Ritz is almost at ground level.

2102332234_4778fe03f2_b.jpg

Ever so slowly this building is creeping up to the street..

There is some similarity to the Citicorp tower in NYC-
Citigroup_center.jpg

p5

ya cool indeed! this is the first time I have had any real excitement about this building... really hope it ends up looking close to this render. Curiously, RBC is not included even though its part of the same project... the view presented from this angle will never be seen in real life.

Photo taken January 11. Rebar has reached ground level on the north side and fresh concrete had been poured to form the slab visible in the picture foreground. It is about one foot below the current ground level on the north side. According to the RBC web site:

January 2008

The adjacent Ritz-Carlton project will continue forming and pouring the ground floor slab.

2185864723_b8dcda5d8f_b.jpg

Thank you caltrane74 and Edward, I am glad to be a member of Urban Toronto and I will continue to post photos so you will have less work.

Thanks for the post.

Now that it has hit street level it will be ever-easier to watch this. I'll be interested to watch how the curved wall will be constructed.

Back