Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Full Hoarding is now up around the site with renderings and logos. I wonder how much time the lack of undergound parking will shave off the construction time, anyone know? ... should go up pretty quickly I assume!

This will be a nice building and I would love to live on this picturesque boulevard, however considering no parking spaces are offered along with their relatively high asking prices, that is a deal breaker for me.
You would think they will offer just a few parking spaces for the penthouse units or sell them at a very high price for those who must have parking -- I hope I am not offending any environmentalists here.

Full Hoarding is now up around the site with renderings and logos. I wonder how much time the lack of undergound parking will shave off the construction time, anyone know? ... should go up pretty quickly I assume!

Not to mention how small this towers footprint is!.:)

I'm surprised that they didn't remove the facade before demolishing the building. A wrong move here or there and they'll be nothing left to salvage.

There doesn't seem to be much to salvage now, citizen: some villain with a steam-shovel has smashed most of the facade down now. Sorry, no photos: I'm afraid the Bat-Camera was not on my utility belt when I passed by.

Wasn't the intention to always build a replica as the recently existing facade was deteriorated to a point where the materials couldn't possibly be salvaged?

This will be a nice building and I would love to live on this picturesque boulevard, however considering no parking spaces are offered along with their relatively high asking prices, that is a deal breaker for me.
You would think they will offer just a few parking spaces for the penthouse units or sell them at a very high price for those who must have parking -- I hope I am not offending any environmentalists here.

Most of the units in this building are smaller (495-700 sq feet) and would not normally come with the priviledge of purchaseing a parking spot at most condo towers downtown anyways. Price per sq foot seems right on par with the going rate in the area.

rcmio4.jpg

rcmio4b.jpg

Wasn't the intention to always build a replica as the recently existing facade was deteriorated to a point where the materials couldn't possibly be salvaged?

Thats correct. They never intended on keeping the facade intact. It was past the point where it could be salvaged.

Um...why are there some units that are going for close to $800/ft here?

A head scratcher.

Back