Toronto Republic Of Yonge And Eglinton Condos | ?m | 27s | Tridel | Burka

Here's a few photos that were shot at our employee event at Republic and the new NTCI courtesy of my senior web designer.

Panorama of the old and new NTCI with the towers of 25 Broadway (left) and 70 Broadway (right) rising above.
20100629-republic-panorama1.jpg

Close up of the the northwest corner of NTCI entrance to the cafeteria and auditoriium with 25 Broadway behind.
20100629-ntci-25-broadway.jpg

This shot is taken from the rooftop terrace looking at 70 Roehampton. The new designer decorated model suite 607-25 Broadway was just completed and has direct terrace access. Contact the Presentation Centre to tour the amenities and models at Republic. Occupancy is well underway at 70 Roehampton and feedback has been very positive.
20100629-70-roehampton.jpg

This is the inner courtyard of the new NTCI. Brick and stonework was removed from the school, acid washed and reassembled in the student courtyard, showcasing the donor pavers. The historical remediation was done without canceling or interrupting the school. The new school is going to be ready for September 2010.
20100629-ntci-courtyard.jpg

Here's a photo of the front of the school with the brick and stonework that was removed, washed and reassembled in the new NTCI courtyard. Unfortunately for the students, this was accomplished without canceling classes during the school year.

20100621-old-ntci.jpg

The stone and brick was recovered from the North entrance and reassembled in the courtyard.

20100621-old-ntci.-north-entrance.jpg

Last edited:
ahhh, my old alma matre, glad to see its been rebuilt, hopefully the new pool won't have a scum line anymore...i hated that damn pool...nasty.

Carrying forward the NTCI history and tradition was considered very important on this project. Luckily Tridel and its construction management comapany, Deltera, has quite a bit of experience with historical remediation on this scale- Varsity theatre at 10 Bellair, Jazz rentals and James Cooper Mansion.

The courtyard has brick and stonework from the original school as well as the addition (1966 corner stone was retrieved) to represent both pieces of architectural history. There's another stone arch off to the right which will soon be getting the original wooden doors installed. In the library, there is some more brick and architectural stone elements preserved (See Molly's blog).

There are also plenty of donor pavers ready to be engraved to join Tridel's and alumni.

View south from the Penthouse Terrace of 70 Roehampton - June 21, 2010.

20100621-ph-view-70roehampton.jpg

Penthouse terrace with stone tiling and walls getting ready for installation (this one's for you Ed since you always wondered what you're looking at everyday from the office)

20100621-ph-terrace-70roehampton.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the images TWM ...

Is this terrace an 'exclusive use' area for a penthouse unit @ 70 Roehampton, or is it a common amenity space for all residents in the building? there are certainly some great views from this space ~ is there also a party room on the top floor of this building connecting to this terrace ??

I'm a little confused since I see no "penthouse suites" listed for 70 Roehampton ... and Signature Suites S14 + S15 on the website does not show any terraces :)

The 70 Roehampton penthouse suites are not on the website and the terrace is not a common area. Residents will have to become good friends with the owner.

I have to get back to you about the status of the suite.

Seems like the ultimate architectural tribute to Yonge + Eligible's rep.

119588-192027-glenn-quagmire_large.png

It'd suit him to a T.

July 17 2010 update

70 Roehampton
Click to Enlarge

Scaled Model - 25 Boardway (left), 70 Roehampton (right)
IMG_4912.jpg

25 Boardway's lobby @ night
IMG_4913.jpg

N I C E !!

have you've acquired an interest on the PH unit tomms? or are you affiliated with this project?

Back