IMG_2342.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_2343.jpg
    IMG_2343.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_2344.jpg
    IMG_2344.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 391
Looks like Tridel has been getting a deal on boring, opague cladding. Yuk. I guarantee this building will look worse in 15 years than the majority of 60's buildings in this area.

yeah, don't get the balconies treatments or the random lighter coloured spandrel panels

I certainly agree that the 'random' assortment of grey and white spandrels together with the green glass balconies are truly UGLY ... not sure what Tridel or architect is thinking here ~

Here's a real treat for Republic purchasers and North Toronto Collegiate Institute students and staff. Beautiful Lorne Chapman photography of the construction of the new school and condo. Lorne outdid himself finding so many interesting angles, light and textures. I like seeing the historical preservation feature which up until now I only saw in concept drawings.

http://www.lornechapmanphoto.com/republic/index.html

great photo compilation ... thanks for sharing TWM ~

from what I gather in these photos, it appears that a portion of former NTCI building footprint is being maintained in the new school, is that true? previously I was under the impression that the old school would be demolished entirely after the new school is operational and only certain architectural elements would be 'transplanted'

Yes from my pad at Glencairn station I watched the disappearance of the crane for the south building. North is still up and wont be done today.

Back