Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

image-1.jpg

Today, noon

Today, noon

The density of projects in this area is amazing. This whole area will be pretty well used when all the construction is over, I'm sure.

Does anybody know when that offramp is going to be converted to a park? I haven't heard any updates about it, is funding not in place for it yet?

Does anybody know when that offramp is going to be converted to a park? I haven't heard any updates about it, is funding not in place for it yet?

The City got a $10M Section 37 contribution from Menkes' development (1 York/90 Harbour) to go towards demolition of off-ramp. This should be enough of a kickstarter for the City to budget for the remainder of the demolition cost. When will it happen? God knows.

I'd be surprised if the off ramp removal/realignment occurs before 2016, given the current conditions of the existing Gardiner construction project. I hope I can be proven wrong though.

I noticed there are currently 2 additional bridge sections being constructed next to the silos area at the port lands.

The section of the bridge connecting from MLS to just before the gardener is already up. Can't wait to see it cross under the gardener. Should be pretty cool.

I wonder what the rush to build the bridge is all about. It's not like the Menkes project will be open any time in the near future. They probably could have left it until next summer and no one would have noticed

Edit: They haven't even started the connection to Ice yet, have they? I'd have thought that would be the priority

Last edited:
The bridge actually pre-dates the Menkes project and would have been built without it. The bridge is initially designed and created for RBC Waterpark Place, the Menkes project just got in the way.

I wonder what the rush to build the bridge is all about. It's not like the Menkes project will be open any time in the near future. They probably could have left it until next summer and no one would have noticed

Edit: They haven't even started the connection to Ice yet, have they? I'd have thought that would be the priority
Ice connection is underground AFAIK.

That connection is on hold until particular events have come and gone and other road construction projects in the area are clear, as York Street will have to be closed for a few weeks to build the tunnel underneath it. Apparently they don't have other viable options in this case.

I find this project more palatable if I just pretend to myself that it's an office tower from the 1970s undergoing large scale renovations.

I find this project more palatable if I just pretend to myself that it's an office tower from the 1970s undergoing large scale renovations.

In which case I would like to complain that these renovations should have avoided using blue condo glass :D

(This new office tower produces decent density, regardless.)

Back