News   Aug 09, 2024
 3.6K     3 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Raptors among Top 10 most valuable franchises in NBA according to Forbes

Andrew Zuber Yahoo Sports Canada
Feb. 11, 2020, 7:27 p.m.

An incredible year of success on court for the Toronto Raptors has elevated the team to one of the most valuable franchises in the NBA according to the latest estimations from Forbes magazine.

The Raptors ranked 10th in the yearly list of most valuable franchises in the league, worth an estimated $2.1 billion dollars.

-------------------
According to Forbes’ evaluations, the Raptors made $334 million in revenue last season (fifth most in the league behind the Knicks, Warriors, Lakers, and Rockets), up from $275 million the season prior. Hosting 12 playoff home games was cited as a driver of part of the increase, as was the first year of Scotiabank’s 20-year deal for the naming rights to the arena.

And the New York media continuing to wishfully link Masai to them.

We all know Masai made some enemies with his Brooklyn comments, and Manhattan may be a bit too close for comfort ?
As ridiculous as NY is for thinking they'll get Masai, half of the raps subreddit is people going on about Giannis to Toronto in 2021.

We all know Masai made some enemies with his Brooklyn comments, and Manhattan may be a bit too close for comfort ?
As ridiculous as NY is for thinking they'll get Masai, half of the raps subreddit is people going on about Giannis to Toronto in 2021.

Hey now, I've already ordered my Giannis jerseys.

NBA-Rumors-Toronto-Raptors-Want-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-If-He-Becomes-A-Free-Agent.jpg

While most of us were sleeping, a loss by the Wizards clinched a playoff berth for the Raptors! They would have also clinched if they beat the Warriors.

Kawhi's iconic game 7 winning shot against the Sixers from 1-year ago:

1589285975263.png

Kawhi's iconic game 7 winning shot against the Sixers from 1-year ago:

View attachment 245115
Exactly a year later, and my nerdy self has a shrine set up:
PSX_20200512_110409.jpg

I remember thinking that this was a sign if there ever was one.

When we started the playoffs, I thought we would be knocked out in the first round.. then we got to the second and this happened.

When we got into the conference finals I was thinking we had a good run but it's Toronto and we never get this far so I was proud of our team.

When we got the finals I was thinking.. it's Toronto.. we had a good run but it's Golden State and we never win anything big.. then I saw them offload Larry O in the MLSE loading dock from a distance and realized that this is the real deal.

I remember thinking that this was a sign if there ever was one.

When we started the playoffs, I thought we would be knocked out in the first round.. then we got to the second and this happened.

When we got into the conference finals I was thinking we had a good run but it's Toronto and we never get this far so I was proud of our team.

When we got the finals I was thinking.. it's Toronto.. we had a good run but it's Golden State and we never win anything big.. then I saw them offload Larry O in the MLSE loading dock from a distance and realized that this is the real deal.

I grew up through my childhood and teenage years watching the rise and fall of Vince Carter, the Chris Bosh years, the drafting of like Bargnani and Rafa Araujo, and the entertaining but heartbreaking years with Derozan and Valanciunas. So pretty much every roller coaster ride, sense of purgatory, and disappointment possible.

Last season and the championship run definitely vindicated everything all at once. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Back