1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 668     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 306     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Media Advisory - Sun Life and Renowned Artist David Arrigo Commemorate Toronto Raptors' Playoff Run with Original Public Artwork

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...n-with-original-public-artwork-679634413.html
TORONTO, April 13, 2018 /CNW/ - Today, renowned sports artist David Arrigo will be in the lobby of One York, the Sun Life Financial Headquarters in Toronto, to paint a large-scale Raptors themed mural to mark the beginning of the NBA playoffs and celebrate the Raptors as they embark on this exciting journey.

Sun Life commissioned Arrigo to wish the team good luck and build momentum and excitement during this incredible time in the franchise's history. Sun Life employees can help cheer on the Toronto Raptors as they tip off for their playoff run by writing a personal message of support on the piece. The mural will be presented to the Raptors at a future date.

DATE:

Friday, April 13, 2018

TIME:

12:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST

WHO:

Paul Joliat, Assistant Vice-President, Philanthropy & Sponsorships, Sun Life Financial

David Arrigo, Renowned Canadian Sports Artist

WHERE:

Sun Life Financial, Headquarters

1 York Street

Toronto, ON

M5J 0B6

This initiative is an extension of the deep partnership Sun Life has with the Toronto Raptors and NBA Canada, including the first ever jersey sponsor for the Raptors and Sun Life Dunk for Diabetes, a national program that encourages healthy living to prevent type 2 diabetes.

Examples of David Arrigo's recent work can be found here.

Raptors defeated the Wizards 114 to 106 in Game 1 of the First Round of the Playoffs!
And more importantly, Lebron and the Cavs lost Game 1 of their First Round series!

I think the Raptors will be able to overcome the two losses in Washington. They are excellent at the ACC, and I think will be able to use the emotion in the City to pull off a victory. I'd be worried if they go down 3-2 in the series and with the next game back in Washington.

Back