Toronto Rail Deck District | 239.43m | 72s | Craft Dev Corp | Sweeny &Co

Adding a bit of visual aid to the above noted changes by @ChesterCopperpot and @Northern Light information. Here are the contextual shots of the old design vs the new design:

Old Design:
1726060983954.png

New design:
1726061009463.png

Here are the changes to the total number of floors of the towers from west to east:
W2: 32 increase to 36 floors
W1: 38 increased to 40 floors
C5: New additional 45 floor tower
C4: 40 increased to 58 floors
C3: 51 increased to 63 floors
C2: 57 increased to 68 floors
C1: 64 increased to 72 floors
E1: 65 stays as 65 floors
E2: 40 increased to 61 floors
E3: 20 decreased to just podium 9 plus 2 floors

The parkland that is scheduled to be built as part of the development has increased in area as far as I can tell. It is now covering the entirety of the Centre Block towers whereas it was only for part of the Centre Block towers in the previous version.

They should be extending it all the way to Spadina as part of the development itself. Air rights above the rail corridor should come with this stipulation.

Hmm not sure what to think about the additional tower...
What's the viability these are getting built in this market anyways?

It's not a shock, but it's interesting that they show 485 Wellington St. W, 467 Wellington St. W, 400 Front St, Union Park, etc.
I can almost guarantee they're showing those, specifically that one skyline render, to show that this isn't as insane as it sounds on paper, or looks when rendered out of context

I wish the middle block was a little thinner (extending less South), creating a larger park space, and also that the block extended all the way to Portland so there could be more tower separation.

Back