Hamilton Radio Arts | 47.6m | 14s | Canlight | KNYMH

I used to work at that A&W! I remember before that it was Harvest Burger, and before that, A&W... Nostalgia aside, I can't wait for it to be demolished if just to get rid of that Drive-Thru on King! (And hopefully continue the continuity of store fronts! 🤩)

I used to work at that A&W! I remember before that it was Harvest Burger, and before that, A&W... Nostalgia aside, I can't wait for it to be demolished if just to get rid of that Drive-Thru on King! (And hopefully continue the continuity of store fronts! 🤩)
I suspect it's coming sooner than later. The property has got to be worth a ton, and it's not an overly busy location from what I've seen working near it for 6 years. Even at lunch it's not that busy, and the drive thru that used to be full all the time is now barely used.

I suspect it's coming sooner than later. The property has got to be worth a ton, and it's not an overly busy location from what I've seen working near it for 6 years. Even at lunch it's not that busy, and the drive thru that used to be full all the time is now barely used.
I'd suspect that too! A big portion of the customers were call centre workers from Protocol in the Hamilton City Centre... Though I imagine the late night Hess Village drunk crowd is still big if the dinning room is still open 24hr.

Fun Fact: Before the buddy burgers were introduced, the Baby Burgers were the only ones with smaller patties, and so in the freezer we had two boxes of frozen meat: Regular Meat Patties, and BABY MEAT Patties! (...They changed the name when they introduced the buddy burger) 🤣

Not a chance the A&W is 5 storeys, if I had to guess something medium height will be proposed, likely 4 storey podium to match Radio Arts with 15 storeys on top.

There is an alley behind these properties:
View attachment 573517
Wellllll.. radio arts is still TECHNICALLY 5 stories as the first floor is 2 stories, if you count the "stories" on the diagonal glass it's 5.. so I was going with that- but yes, the same height as the radio arts podium.. and yes of course they'd add more on top. Not gonna waste all that potential space.

and yeah of course there is a service alley as it was originally rowhouses all along here so there would be a vestigial one left over. But yeah there would probably be a slight gap between radio arts and anything built beside it because of the wraparound cornice, not not a ton. At least, if what is showed on that elevation drawing is indeed a wraparound cornice.. but it DOES look like one.. hard to tell..

Last edited:
Hopefully when it's gone it will also remove the issue of the beggars that have been rampant along this strip for years.

Today:
1000007913.jpg
1000007912.jpg

Back