Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The Harley dealer is gone now, as well as the Lambo dealer next to it. Good riddance. Can't be far off now for a render for the corner block...

On this pic, wouldnt it be nice to see a sidewalk built on the south side of Front st. from Bathurst to Spadina...maybe even add a strip of commercial space...here i am dreaming again.:eek:
I was told a while ago by Adam Vaughn's office that there WILL be a sidewalk on south side of Front from Spadina to Bathurst when the bridge over the tracks gets built. I think that's supposed to be 2011 (or 2012?)

jet black glazing on Reve......

5204505625_8bf2e21d21_b.jpg

I like it, very handsome looking and the spandral panels matches the glass almost perfectly.
This is probably the fastest moving condo in the city.

in all fairness, the renderings and scaled model for Reve does show dark spanrels (ok maybe not black but grey) on the building, just accented with red aluminium ... so perhaps its too early to judge how the appearance will look until some RED panels shows up on the building?

Some photos of the Reve scale model:

reve-scale-model01.jpg

reve-scale-model02.jpg

reve-scale-model03.jpg

reve-scale-model04.jpg

reve-scale-model05.jpg

reve-scale-model06.jpg

reve-scale-model07.jpg

reve-scale-model08.jpg

reve-scale-model09.jpg

... perhaps its too early to judge how the appearance will look until some RED panels shows up on the building?

Assuming the red panels do show up. I'm optimistic they will, but it will be dissappointing if they do not, such as the red (faux) bricks that did not end up on the final product for Montage.

I feel ill.

Why do you feel ill? It's almost entirely dark-tinted windows! There's almost no spandrels at all - look at right side again and you'll notice you can see through most of them. The only clearly spandrel part I can see is the thin strips where the interior walls are, and towards the top of the floors. Unless you are made ill by the colour dark grey, or unfinished buildings?

Why do you feel ill? It's almost entirely dark-tinted windows! There's almost no spandrels at all - look at right side again and you'll notice you can see through most of them. The only clearly spandrel part I can see is the thin strips where the interior walls are, and towards the top of the floors. Unless you are made ill by the colour dark grey, or unfinished buildings?

you're right. I thought it was mostly black spandrel

Don't worry about defending it-- people will bitch that glass is too transparent and looks messy when people move in and put up blinds, etc., just the same as people bitch about dark glass, just like people bitch about spandrels, just like they do even when there are few spandrels.

You can't make everyone happy.

I like it! :) It's a refreshing change to see darker glass. And this is coming from someone who loves transparent glass on condos a lot!

Back