Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

It only has taken 3.5 years to put the paint down after I and everyone who worked on this project recommended doing it. It been raised more times than enough at various meetings to put paint down starting with Spadina, including the tracks on Spadina ROW. All intersections should be painted as well.

I doubt it will do much as from my observations it seems more like people miss tuning into the right lane then they intentionally go on the tracks.
I wonder if having “STREETCAR ONLY” painted on the ground every 10+ meters will help? Too bad we can’t use “TRAM” instead of “STREETCAR”.

It should also be on the Fleet St ROW. People drive on it on a daily basis.
Absolutely, it should be done at all locations where there is confusion because an exclusive ROW 'appears'. Another example would be on CHERRY STREET. It is important that the city/TTC give standardised cues!

I wonder if having “STREETCAR ONLY” painted on the ground every 10+ meters will help? Too bad we can’t use “TRAM” instead of “STREETCAR”.
Ther on;y thing that will help is if they put up fences on either side of it like that should have in the first place. However, waterfront Toronto knows better than everyone else and think that it's a wonderfully designed street and everyone in the city should klov it as much as they do

Hmm. RED for streetcars, GREEN for bicycles. Guess GREY is for the automobile. What colour for pedestrians? How about YELLOW, since they use yellow on the streetcar stop edge.

KingStreet-_pilot.jpg

From link.

Ther on;y thing that will help is if they put up fences on either side of it like that should have in the first place. However, waterfront Toronto knows better than everyone else and think that it's a wonderfully designed street and everyone in the city should klov it as much as they do
Yes, just what we want - whole streets fenced off.

Not in the offing, it was done on Tuesday night.

HALLELUJAH!!! There is a God.
Finally someone at the TTC is using their brain.

It should also be on the Fleet St ROW. People drive on it on a daily basis.

At the risk of sounding like drum115 who has as a far larger perception of their influence than reality reveals, I have been the only voice advocating this here for weeks. Not that I think anyone with real power listens to what any of us have to say here.

Anyway. I suddenly have more hope that painting the ROW here, and hopefully throughout QQ, could actually happen.

Last edited:
HALLELUJAH!!! There is a God.
Finally someone at the TTC is using their brain.

Anyway. I suddenly have more hope that painting the ROW here, and hopefully throughout QQ, could actually happen.

Better than nothing, to be sure.

Rail ballast or grass remains preferred.

Red paint is fine where vehicles have to be able to cross the ROW; though even there, I'd vote for cobblestone.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_10-7-19.png
    upload_2018-9-7_10-7-19.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 732
  • upload_2018-9-7_10-8-56.png
    upload_2018-9-7_10-8-56.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 727
  • upload_2018-9-7_10-9-26.png
    upload_2018-9-7_10-9-26.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 726
  • upload_2018-9-7_10-9-46.png
    upload_2018-9-7_10-9-46.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 758
One whole post above........

The concrete must go. Only the pedestrian crossovers should be paved across the tracks.
While the idea is sound, once we get a fresh coat of snow, the tracks will be indistinguishable from the road once again.
My proposal: no left turns from Spadina to Queens Quay.

While the idea is sound, once we get a fresh coat of snow, the tracks will be indistinguishable from the road once again.
My proposal: no left turns from Spadina to Queens Quay.

Anyone for spike belts between the rails? :D

Back