Toronto Queen & Ashbridge | 60.15m | 17s | Context Development | Teeple Architects

qa-183.jpg

qa-185.jpg

qa-184.jpg

qa-180.jpg

qa-181.jpg

qa-182.jpg

As I have explained at length, this project was a special public-private land deal and the public was explicitly assured by the city and developer that this building would be built to a high standard. This is not your typical render bait and switch. This was not supposed to be junk.

When the process and players lack integrity, that's how you get NIMBYs. And I have to look at this thing, so I get to complain.

Last edited:
are you shorting units in this building or something? its not top tier but there are way worse buildings going up in the city.
This is some of the cheapest cladding I've seen to date, very close to backyard shed quality. There's no defending it. Imagine how this is gonna look after a few hailstorms.

You don't even need to imagine, there are several relatively new buildings around the city with cladding that's starting to fail. There's a section on the east side of Campus One that looks like it's going to peel off like a bad sunburn. 30 year panels are really wasteful.

Back