Toronto QRC West (Queen Richmond Centre West) | 71.93m | 17s | Allied | Sweeny &Co

Have they secured a lead tenant?

I guess, not that we have to believe everything DCN says.....but it sure looks like construction on this is moving along.

OFFICE, RETAIL BUILDINGS
Proj: 9093042-12

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/START
Queen Richmond Centre West, Phase One, 134 Peter St, M5V 2H2
$57,150,000 est
Start: July, 2012 Complete: March, 2014

Note: Sub trade pricing will be secured from an invited list.
http://www.qrcwest.com

Project:.....concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, construction of a 13-storey glass and steel commercial office building above an existing 4-storey brick and beam historic building linked by an 80-foot high atrium/lobby. The historic building will be modernized for construction of office space, with retail space at grade level.

Scope: 299,178 square feet; 17 storeys; 2 structures
Development: New
Category: Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...e5071f189173&projectid=9093042&region=ontario

This may already have been posted, but there's an interactive 'click and drag' thingy to better-see the lobby. If they actually install the mullion-less, bow-trussed glass I'll be stunned.

Link.

I think it was pretty well firmed up that they were proceeding when they installed the crane. Expensive to instal one then just leave it there, all the while paying for the rental, and not build while you searched for a tenant.

This may already have been posted, but there's an interactive 'click and drag' thingy to better-see the lobby. If they actually install the mullion-less, bow-trussed glass I'll be stunned.

Link.

Now thats a lobby! Strange that one of the smaller office projects is seemingly putting proportionally much more resources into it's lobby than any of the large projects (BAW, RBC(s), 18 York, Tellus, Southcore, etc.). I hope this building is successful--maybe starting a mini Gerkin chain effect where the extra resources paid off through attracting higher paying tenants--which in turn leads to office developers investing more money into (more) adventurous design.

Last edited:
From the Q2 investors call (a couple weeks back), they stated they currently in negotiations with roughly 5 tenants looking for 50-100K of space. A rough quote: "We fully expect to start construction on the new portion of the building by signing a pre-leasing agreement with at least one of the 5 tenants" ... they do hint though that if this does not happen, construction of the new phase will not begin. So it looks promising but not set in stone yet. They also admit it is taking them longer then they initially thought.

Today:

bujBr.jpg

kG8Vm.jpg

Back