Vaughan Promenade Mall Revitalization | ?m | 35s | Liberty Development | WZMH

IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2830.JPG
IMG_2829.JPG

The progress has been very slow lately... I haven't even posted many updated pictures. Inside, there are several tenants, many who were in the mall for many years, packed up and left throughout June. Promenade has a new management team (Cushman and Wakefield) It seems to go downhill from there. No updates on stores, upcoming events and the mall map isn't even to date. There's a lot of vacancies and it continues. Kind of scary. Don't you think they would update progress or when the new tenants will be opening, and keep updating customers on their progress? Just seems like an idea, a plan.. gone bad. Hope I am wrong

So I've never quite understood the plan with this project I know that there are more towers planned and a recladding of the mall but don't know any timelines

So I've never quite understood the plan with this project I know that there are more towers planned and a recladding of the mall but don't know any timelines
They have an ambitious plan. These are the only 2 condos which will be attached to the mall with new tenants and an additional grocery store. That being said, there are absolutely no plans for the renovation or overhaul of the existing shopping centre or the current tenants. New tenants are ones we never heard of and after a couple of months are shuttered. There's a handful which were there for years, even ones which are in many regional shopping centres.. they left as well. Instead of getting retailers who are perfect for the area, as there are multi-generational families, but majority a trendy population with a large disposable income... they are getting the wrong people into their centre. Same thing that happened with Shoppers World Bramptona and other regional malls... they fail to target their market, they have a centre that is not inviting with the common areas and retailers and people go elsewhere

Been a while since I went inside the mall. I wonder if the mall is still owned by the Yogenfruz family? At one point they had purchased the mall and had CF run it. At the moment it seems like they are shifting all the remaining stores from the southern end toward the north, getting ready for the next phase (don’t even know what phases there are nowadays). Rexall seems to either be expanding into the units to the north or they are shifting over from their current location.

Olive Branch (the Kosher Grocery Market) is still boarded up, signage says Summer 2024 but I think it’s delayed. The only pics or updates I have seen of it is from their Facebook page.

Seeing the condos is a nice change:

IMG_8447.jpeg

St. Louis finally has signage put up and they have their liquor license displayed.

IMG_8445.jpeg

Perhaps what I find worrisome is the lack of details or plans of the phases that the overall mall and site will be developing. We don’t even know what the second phase is now after the first two condos or when/if the mall itself is being reconstructed as per the Official Renders from the City of Vaughan.

These have been posted for a while but I had no idea until tonight when I went googling:

Promenade Centre Secondary Plans Project Update: https://www.vaughan.ca/about-city-v...omenade-centre-secondary-plan-project-updates

Public Consultation: https://www.vaughan.ca/sites/defaul...ison=1691688839101&file-verison=1721354511299

Looks like there are concerns about Leases being tied down until 2041which are influencing some of the area plans!

I see now what color they are going to lime wash the brick. It's that black color I seen them testing out other smaller sections of the exterior brick. I guess, when it's all said and done it will look pretty good. Some regional shopping centres have so many different brick colors and styles from multiple phases over the decades, so this is going to be a nice change. This was from their first renderings. This is the area where the offices are located, next to the added towers, the original part of the mall.

33482-147408.jpeg

Promenade is still owned by the Yogen Fruz brothers. After they bought it, the mall was managed by CentreCorp and now it's managed by Cushman and Wakefield. There's a lot of work starting to take place where the women's fitness club was upstairs and the other vacant stores. Downstairs is also under construction where Sport Check used to be.
PXL_20240715_233221298.jpg
PXL_20240715_233227369.jpg
PXL_20240715_233258129.jpg

Olive Branch is coming along nicely. I know the owner of that grocery store. He shared some renderings and the progress of the grocery store. It's fabulous! The design, decor, and the amount of money he's put into this is incredible. He didn't cut back on anything. My guess is these new stores / tenants are going to gradually open to keep people coming back to see what's new. However, they should seriously inform customers on what's going on and ask for suggestions on what stores they would like to see inside this mall. There's a highschool and people with a high income around this shopping centre and the stores are not attracting the right people. At least they'll have some nice restaurants, but get some stores people will love to shop in! I think many are waiting to see upgrades first and then once the upgrades happen and they see an increase in shoppers and mall traffic, the tenants will come. These floor tiles are terrible. Get out of the greys and depressing colors and brighten up the place, add trees and fountains. Be different then the other malls.

Back