Vaughan Promenade Mall Revitalization | ?m | 35s | Liberty Development | WZMH

Designing the Promenade Centre area​
hGrq11JG9KecB2nG0ztsJdIJsShd70PcMwlY7vDILI7Fc7SBVfbbc4wG_OUVaE6DKHnxEZLrHYsrLGiKl23tFIyxiTHqbeDSTQkpSvG9=s0-d-e1-ft
fyUwZeR_5mwVYIJCj_eroObjBiJiY7ml4n_cNMGZqU4Rol_tNQ7pjA8ANfLjOF2loNqOnvlz39pqkIHNhM1tnIvkapIJ1CEitRHVn0bljIpMB-PGKWVc5mKp_-7DKUBqlP-Xph24y1Gv=s0-d-e1-ft
Do you live in, shop near, dine at or visit the area around Promenade Mall? This area is known as the Promenade Centre – it’s 95 acres of land bounded by Centre Street, Bathurst Street, Clark Avenue West and New Westminster Drive – and it’s evolving as our community continues to grow.​

The City of Vaughan is undertaking a Promenade Centre Public Realm Framework and Urban Design Guidelines Study to help guide the area’s growth. Why is this study important? It’ll establish a plan that dictates how the future area will look. This includes how streets and open spaces are designed, how new buildings will look, and so much more.

Public engagement has been vital in the development of this study to date. And now, we want to hear what you think about the plan before we move forward.

Want to learn more? Join the upcoming virtual meeting:
  • Date: Tuesday, Aug. 29
  • Time: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
  • Registration: Not required. A link to tune into the meeting will be made available at vaughan.ca/PromenadeCentre the day of.

You will hear from the project team about the study (including how it was influenced by the City’s Promenade Centre Secondary Plan), the vision and guiding principles for the area, an overview of the public realm framework, streetscape plans and urban design guidelines, and how this plan will be implemented.

Along with the presentation, you can participate in live polls, discussions and question-and-answer periods.

Can’t attend the meeting? You can still get involved.
Project materials will be made available online following the live meeting – review them and submit comments directly to the project manager via email at shirley.marsh@vaughan.cauntil Friday, Sept. 15.

All feedback provided will be used to help refine the City’s study plans before it’s brought forward to Vaughan Council for approval.

More about the Promenade Centre Public Realm Framework and Urban Design Guidelines Study
The City’s Promenade Centre Public Realm Framework and Urban Design Guidelines Study is underway. Now in its final phase, this plan will build from the foundation established in the approved Promenade Centre Secondary Plan (2022) to create public spaces that are people-first, and focus on safety, comfort, livability and sustainability for all residents, employees and visitors to the Promenade Centre. The guidelines in this study will help City staff implement the vision – including how streets are designed, how open spaces will look, the architecture of new buildings and so much more. Once complete, this study’s framework will help co-ordinate the design of development activities in the area and ensure all public and private partners are working towards the same vision. For more information, visit vaughan.ca/PromenadeCentre.
More about the Promenade Centre Secondary Plan
The City completed the Promenade Centre Secondary Plan Study in 2022. This plan establishes a vision, key principles and a land-use framework to guide the community’s future evolution and development. The approved plan outlines how to achieve a complete community, one that includes residential mixed-uses, is transit-supportive, supports multi-modal travel and features attractive, functional and pedestrian-friendly spaces. The Secondary Plan guides the City and developers when planning public and private developments in the study area.​

This area and Hwy 7 is going to bonkers now that Queens Park has gave it’s blessing and there’s a big carrot attached:

In his speech, Ford held up the cities of Vaughan and Pickering in the Greater Toronto Area as examples. According to the premier, those cities are on track to exceed their housing targets by 150 per cent and 140 percent, respectively, which would entitle Pickering to more than $5 million in new funding and Vaughan to more than $17 million.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-municipalities-association-meeting-1.6942488

To be completely honest, I don't hate these at all. I mean they're meh at best, but I thought I would really hate them. I guess because they're so smooth, they reflect the colour of the sky in an interesting way. And I think as far as spandrel goes, they've done a good job matching the colour of it to the windows, it's just a bit less reflective.

To be completely honest, I don't hate these at all. I mean they're meh at best, but I thought I would really hate them. I guess because they're so smooth, they reflect the colour of the sky in an interesting way. And I think as far as spandrel goes, they've done a good job matching the colour of it to the windows, it's just a bit less reflective.
From the distance they don’t look too bad, it’s when you’re up close they don’t look as pretty. They do stand out now that they are the tallest buildings in Thornhill from what I see.

Back