Toronto Princess Gardens NE Infill | 48.8m | 14s | Princess Management | Turner Fleischer

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
ereraafds.JPG
trhrs.JPG
wdwaad.JPG
wgaaswa.JPG

So, the above is for another building at the Princess Gardens Apartments site, not the 16-storey one under construction now at the northwest corner of the site, but a 17-storey one that would go at the northeast corner of the site by the intersection of Eglinton and Kipling.

So, the above is for another building at the Princess Gardens Apartments site, not the 16-storey one under construction now at the northwest corner of the site, but a 17-storey one that would go at the northeast corner of the site by the intersection of Eglinton and Kipling.

The north-east corner is a woodlot - do you mean south-east?

The northeast corner of the property is a surface parking lot. You're thinking of the woodlot at the northwest corner of Eglinton and Kipling.

Sorry, I read your earlier post wrong. It all makes sense now. This is the kind of scale that should have been built on the north-east corner of the intersection instead of that row of faux townhomes.

New renderings are updated in the database!

There are changes to the following - building height, storey count, unit count and parking count. The overall building height decreased from 57.25m to 48.8m. The total storey count dropped by 17 storeys to 14 storeys. The total unit count increased from 252 units to 256 units. Finally, the total parking count increased from 298 parking spaces to 301 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval submission:

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 14  2021-72.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 14  2021-70.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 14  2021-66.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 14  2021-68.jpg

The thing is; Eglinton West along this strech is such a mess from an urban planning perspective, nothing we see here really makes any sense. The parking in this development just continues that trend.

Will the City have the bravery to redesignate all of the homes along Eglinton to mixed-use and let them proceed with mid-rises the width of Eglinton?

I have looked at this stretch 20 different ways and I don't really see much for intensification opportunities other than making these type of difficult decisions.

Ugh, storey count decreased but unit count increased. Sweet.

Also, @interchange42, parking should be eliminated entirely! Per the recent passage of elimination of parking minimums by Council.
I doubt the market supports 0 parking out here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of active developments cut parking provisions very soon, provided the by-law isn't appealed. They just likely won't be cutting it to 0..

Back