Toronto Primrose Hill | 145.3m | 42s | Fitzrovia | PARTISANS

Love this proposal. We need to keep this growing trend of red/warm brown condos/towers starting to pop up. Enough of the grey, blue and green.

No matter how bad a proposal is, if it's not blue or green I like it. That's how much I can't stand the sea of blue and green is in our skyline.

I'm always fascinated when I see renders and think........"You thought that would appeal to who?"

View attachment 542976

The suites are tiny, you can't keep them on one level? So I need a balcony railing, in my unit, to protect me from injury while dining?
This looks like an actual photo of one of their newly renovated suites in 191 or 201 Sherbourne, and not a rendering from the new development.

Approved at Council with an amendment:

1721919645892.png

Link to Item:

...Council should also approve a "You applied for it, you build it" policy. Just saying.

It's a peculiar re-do. That skybridge-garden idea goes with the new towers well enough, but looks like it's using the existing brutalist building as an ottoman. I also think the applique arches trend is one of those stylistic fads, like 70's mansard roofs, that might fail to age gracefully.
But so what! I'm glad they're showing some moxie, and the fact that it's all warmly toned raises it hugely in my books.
I guess we'll just have to wait to see how much gets done and how. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this get tweaked again.

where the rather strangely say "King & Sherbourne"!!! I guess a better look that Shuter & Sherbourne!!

View attachment 587700

Ha! Good Catch!

King and Sherbourne is ~575M to the south, that's quite the stretch; it also oddly overlooks the value of a Queen/Sherbourne Ontario Line station.

Worth adding 'The Garden District' s southern border is Queen Street, its eastern border is Sherbourne.

I'll allow the E-W stretch.......but you can't move King into the Garden District!

Ha! Good Catch!

King and Sherbourne is ~575M to the south, that's quite the stretch; it also oddly overlooks the value of a Queen/Sherbourne Ontario Line station.

Worth adding 'The Garden District' s southern border is Queen Street, its eastern border is Sherbourne.

I'll allow the E-W stretch.......but you can't move King into the Garden District!

I suppose "live next to the sketchiest park and intersection in the entire city" didn't have the same ring.

But I do wish them luck with this project.

Ha! Good Catch!

Not to mention they already have the Grainer and Sanderson at King-Princess...

Back