Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

The top shelf architecture that's starting to get built (Forma, The One) is imperative if appreciation for good design is to materialize. You can't covet good design if you've never been exposed to it. For many Torontonians, all they've ever known is banal utilitarian everything.

We have to walk by that thing for the next 50+ years.

I know, but my response was in regards to the post about how it looks from the water and how it effects the skyline. Anyway, maybe my opinion is skewed because of the plethora of ugly green and blue rectangles that have saturated the area.

Last edited:
IMG_6911.jpeg
IMG_6918.jpeg
IMG_6926.jpeg
IMG_6927.jpeg

It's disappointing that the "white" frit in the glazing shown in the renders has ended up as grey, but I guess it was inevitable. Fortunately, it looks like there's less frit on the upper levels, and hopefully the reflectivity of the glass will compensate for it in the right light.

It's disappointing that the "white" frit in the glazing shown in the renders has ended up as grey, but I guess it was inevitable. Fortunately, it looks like there's less frit on the upper levels, and hopefully the reflectivity of the glass will compensate for it in the right light.

Yeah this (like all) curtain-wall will obviously change depending on light conditions and angle of photos... but @tstormers chose a pov where it looked quite spectacular.

r4HylVF3Uo.jpeg

tstormers

The diamonds of CIBC Square are often stunning... but also flat and borderline unattractive from some angles/light conditions.

What's really disappointing is how the building changed from the original render and commercials. That first rendering was spectacular. Hopefully it still turns out nice really to bad this happens to so many buildings.

Yeah this (like all) curtain-wall will obviously change depending on light conditions and angle of photos... but @tstormers chose a pov where it looked quite spectacular.

r4HylVF3Uo.jpeg

tstormers

The diamonds of CIBC Square are often stunning... but also flat and borderline unattractive from some angles/light conditions.
This project is progressing rapidly, and I am excited to see its transformation on the skyline over the coming months.

Back