Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

The new height would put the 2nd tower here *between Aon Center and 875 North Michigan Avenue in Chi-town. So as supertalls are in the Americas, we're in the big kids club now. Congratulations, Toronto! And for what that's worth...
And finally jump back ahead of Philadelphia, Atlanta, San Francisco, Houston and LA in 'the Great North American race for the sky'. It's annoying how these smug little cities thought that they could stay ahead of us in that regard. 😒

And finally jump back ahead of Philadelphia, Atlanta, San Francisco, Houston and LA in 'the Great North American race for the sky'. It's annoying how these smug little cities thought that they could stay ahead of us in that regard. 😒
Yep! We've got 4 supes in development. More than many other cities over here at this time...save for NYC, maybe?

@Koops65 diagram of the 344.9m SkyTower now live in the SkyscraperPage.com Toronto diagram.

https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/

koops-skytower.jpg

Wow all it took is just $3 million in additional S37 dollars to get the height increase approved?

Surely the city could've squeezed more out of them, Pinnacle was really gunning for the increase....

There's a certain Ferry Terminal redevelopment in need of $$$ right down the street.......... just sayin

I see that city staff recommend approval. What if the city council or community council turn it down?

With the way the economy is going, hopefully they can actually build the extra height.

There's a certain Ferry Terminal redevelopment in need of $$$ right down the street.......... just sayin
Exactly, in my eyes the city dropped the ball on getting maximum value extraction for this height increase. This is something that's unprecedented, so as such i'm sure Pinnacle would've coughed up more had the city pressed them more.

I see that city staff recommend approval. What if the city council or community council turn it down?

That could happen, in theory, though I find that highly unlikely. This deal with almost certainly have the approval of the area Councillor and that usually settles things.

That said, as theoretical matter, yes, the City could over-ride a positive planning report. Generally that would lead to an OLT appeal and the City would almost certainly lose when going against its own planners.

(they would have to hire outside planners to argue that City staff got it wrong).

The only challenge for a developer in that context is time, given that towers are rising now.

However, they would likely get an expedited hearing, and they would likely win.

With the way the economy is going, hopefully they can actually build the extra height.

The accretive cost to build the additional floors is quite low when the land is already bought and paid for; the drawings and approvals done; and the building already rising and you're adding standard floor plates. This is 'give-me' money.

That could happen, in theory, though I find that highly unlikely. This deal with almost certainly have the approval of the area Councillor and that usually settles things.

That said, as theoretical matter, yes, the City could over-ride a positive planning report. Generally that would lead to an OLT appeal and the City would almost certainly lose when going against its own planners.

(they would have to hire outside planners to argue that City staff got it wrong).

The only challenge for a developer in that context is time, given that towers are rising now.

However, they would likely get an expedited hearing, and they would likely win.

The accretive cost to build the additional floors is quite low when the land is already bought and paid for; the drawings and approvals done; and the building already rising and you're adding standard floor plates. This is 'give-me' money.
Since it’s under construction already it must have been designed for the extra floors from the start right?

Back