Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Toronto Model 07-01-23 One Yonge.png

Yeah, I've always valued the idea of ancient Lake Iroquois lapping upon the hills of Sunnybrook and toward what's now around the DVP, down to the lake. And of course, down to Davenport/Dupont to the west. It's difficult to visualize, but it's an interesting way to humble oneself in light of the power of mother nature over thousands of years.
I really feel like more people should now about this, considering how influential is has been to city building in some ways. Anyways, the different height elevations along Yonge really allow for some interesting height peaks to form in our skyline, especially into the future with taller buildings going up in places previously maintained as lowrise communities.
When Bishop de Charbonnel (2nd Catholic bishop of Toronto, 1850-1860) invited the Basilan Fathers to come from France and establish a college and seminary in Toronto, they acquired a property on Clover Hill (Bay & St Joseph) to build St Basil's Church (1856) and what would eventually grow into St Michael's College in the University of Toronto. The superior of the order in France complained that the location was too far away from the town of York to fulfill its role of serving the Catholic population of the town, but de Charbonnel praised the site for its beauty, with a fine view over the forest to the town and the lake. He was confident the town would grow to surround the church. Cloverhill is still there and prominent, with a lovely park in front of the church, though the view is gone and the church enveloped by highrise towers.

When Bishop de Charbonnel (2nd Catholic bishop of Toronto, 1850-1860) invited the Basilan Fathers to come from France and establish a college and seminary in Toronto, they acquired a property on Clover Hill (Bay & St Joseph) to build St Basil's Church (1856) and what would eventually grow into St Michael's College in the University of Toronto. The superior of the order in France complained that the location was too far away from the town of York to fulfill its role of serving the Catholic population of the town, but de Charbonnel praised the site for its beauty, with a fine view over the forest to the town and the lake. He was confident the town would grow to surround the church. Cloverhill is still there and prominent, with a lovely park in front of the church, though the view is gone and the church enveloped by highrise towers.
All true but really not very connected to this thread.

All true but really not very connected to this thread.
Any less relevant then the ancient lakeshore? Just commenting on the comment re heights along Yonge and their impact on city building and observed tower peaks. Cloverhill is just a few blocks from The One, which sits on top of the same rise along Yonge St. I just wanted to give some historical and urban context to that height advantage.

You rent each one individually for about $30K a month. No 2 for 1 deals with cranes!

Next you'll be telling me that Darren has cancelled 1/2 price Tuesdays, and Seniors discounts! Pfft! 🤣

You rent each one individually for about $30K a month. No 2 for 1 deals with cranes!

I understand. I cannot imagine about the the L tower had the stuck with the ugly tower for the years till finally removed it in late 2018 or early 2019. Those L tenants must be angry to pay for it. Right?

OT, but you are looking at ~ 1m or more for some of the tall towers which would make one wonder if it would be more cost effective for those large developers/builders to buy these machines than leasing them.

Back