Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

This is a forum and i noted that people don t always express their opinion about a project.
And i don't say everyone lack this passion.

This is a forum and i noted that people don t always express their opinion about a project.
And i don't say everyone lack this passion.

Don't lose your passion man. There are many people here who work in the planning and development industry and don't take kindly to those who criticize or disagree with the conservative status quo.

I live in the most boring capital in the world called Ottawa. But i love Toronto so much and don t hide my love for it.

Sure, for all it has going for it, Ottawa is no Toronto, particularly in terms of skyscraper architecture. But the most boring capital in the world? More boring than Canberra? Brasilia? Minsk? Tallinn? Ulan Batar? Astana?

Everything you post really is hyperbolic.

Sure, for all it has going for it, Ottawa is no Toronto, particularly in terms of skyscraper architecture. But the most boring capital in the world? More boring than Canberra? Brasilia? Minsk? Tallinn? Ulan Batar? Astana?

Everything you post really is hyperbolic.

OT - Though some of those cities you have mentioned have redeeming points - Canberra and Brasilia stands as the best examples of master planned cities of the 20th century (with the latter having loads of superb Modern architecture; Astana is one too, ironically, of the late 20th c); the old town of Tallinn is a UNSECO World Heritage Site and Astana have the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation and Khan Shatyr Entertainment Centre, both by Foster.

AoD

I like Ottawa, it's an attractive city. I love that there are very few flat roof lines. Parliament hill is gorgeous, Safdie's national gallery is great, Cardinal's museum of civilization is really cool, the basilica is beautiful.

I like Ottawa, it's an attractive city. I love that there are very few flat roof lines. Parliament hill is gorgeous, Safdie's national gallery is great, Cardinal's museum of civilization is really cool, the basilica is beautiful.
I like Ottawa. Just wish that things like the war museum was right downtown. The Senators arena is also a mistake. May not want to watch a hockey game but who wants to go to a concert in farm land. It is a nice city though.

I like Ottawa. Just wish that things like the war museum was right downtown. The Senators arena is also a mistake. May not want to watch a hockey game but who wants to go to a concert in farm land. It is a nice city though.

The war museum is walking distance from downtown. Depending on where one is starting, it's closer than the National Gallery. I think it has a pretty swell location along the river. Considering the original plan was to plunk it over on the Aviation Parkway, it's pretty central. They wanted a ceremonial parade ground in front of the museum, which would have been all but impossible downtown.

The construction of the Palladium (or whatever the flying f*ck they call it these days - just like some folks in TO still refer to SkyDome, there are some folks from Ottawa who still refer to the arena as the Palladium) had way more to do with leveraging the value of lands designated Agricultural and expanding the urban boundary in Ottawa than it had anything to do with logical locations for a hockey arena. Coincidentally, the current plan, if it transpires, is to build the new Senators' arena in Lebreton Flats, not far from the war museum.

The new Congress Centre addition, Erickson's Bank of Canada, Safdie's Diefenbaker Building addition...

Wednesday this week there were a couple of trucks and crews drilling cores on the parking lot.

They seemed to target a few specific areas and not the whole lot. I bet they were back to confirm findings from prior core drilling or areas overlooked before, or could access before.

I'd assume soils engineering reports are next and then perhaps preliminary foundation engineering.

I doubt that there could be many changes to the foundation engineering at this point, as this excavation is going to be site-wide, and will go deep into the shale that underlies the area.

I wonder if this has more to do with soil contamination, giving them an idea of what they'll need to do with what they dig out here.

I doubt that there could be many changes to the foundation engineering at this point, as this excavation is going to be site-wide, and will go deep into the shale that underlies the area.

I wonder if this has more to do with soil contamination, giving them an idea of what they'll need to do with what they dig out here.

Yeah, we're still all landfill on this site, right? I imagine they're going to encounter all sorts of nasty stuff down there and, surely, are accounting for that.

Back