Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I didn't notice that before, on the Yonge side. If that's curtainwall I'm not sure how they skipped floors for the crane's braces. Don't think I've seen that before. I'm curious how that gets filled in later

I didn't notice that before, on the Yonge side. If that's curtainwall I'm not sure how they skipped floors for the crane's braces. Don't think I've seen that before. I'm curious how that gets filled in later
I also noticed how the cladding installation on the southwest side has been trailing the other sides by a few floors.

When Sky Tower reaches its full height, crews would remove mast sections from the crane the same way they add sections as the tower rises. As they do this, they also remove the crane braces, which is likely a requirement for installing the curtain wall, as the braces attach to the tower where the curtain wall would otherwise be installed.

Yes, I'm aware of how a crane comes down. But I don't understand how they secured the bottom of those "floating" frames above the opening if there's no chicken head for the frame to lock into, and how they're going to slip unitized curtainwall frames into that opening afterward.

I'm sure they have a plan, but I'm curious how they're solving those problems. Stick framing, I guess?

Yes, I'm aware of how a crane comes down. But I don't understand how they secured the bottom of those "floating" frames above the opening if there's no chicken head for the frame to lock into, and how they're going to slip unitized curtainwall frames into that opening afterward.

I'm sure they have a plan, but I'm curious how they're solving those problems. Stick framing, I guess?
In that case, there are at least two theories I have:
  1. Curtain wall panels with a slightly different design, enabling installation even after panels on adjacent floors (above and below) have both been installed
  2. Detach the top of the panel below (or bottom of the panel above) the opening, to re-attach it after the new curtain wall panel has been installed
Of course, this is coming from someone who has limited knowledge of what is going on on-site, so take these with a grain of salt, but these seem realistic and reasonable to me.

Back