Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Ok, so what do you want me to do now? It’s my photo.

No. I was clearly referring to a full page embossed watermark.
Even that would be too distracting. I don’t want my photos to look like stock photos.

You specifically asked me multiple questions, so I'm am responding here.
Yes, I asked questions to clear things up. If this does continue, I recommend to do so in another thread dedicating to watermarking.

This is your opinion. I don’t know if people really don’t enjoy those tiny watermarks. When I wanted to watermark, I chose that type as I thought it was the least intrusive. Clearly every type of watermark apparently is annoying. So I’m not going to stop.

I wonder, are other people really that distracted by those watermarks? And what type would they prefer the most?

I love this. *pulls out the popcorn

1722525973966.gif

(Steven Colbert)

It bothers me as well. As someone who went to school for art and design I’ve been trained to be a snob about things like this. I’m sorry. I appreciate people posting photos. And your photos are really great. But I see the watermarks immediately. Fine, sure no big deal I haven’t said anything and I click like to show my appreciation. But it’s getting to the point where I am not wanting to click like because I don’t want to encourage it. It’s just messy and visually offensive at a certain point. So I think the above critiques are valid.
I still enjoy your contributions and don’t want to sound like a jerk.

It bothers me as well. As someone who went to school for art and design I’ve been trained to be a snob about things like this. I’m sorry. I appreciate people posting photos. And your photos are really great. But I see the watermarks immediately. Fine, sure no big deal I haven’t said anything and I click like to show my appreciation. But it’s getting to the point where I am not wanting to click like because I don’t want to encourage it. It’s just messy and visually offensive at a certain point. So I think the above critiques are valid.
I still enjoy your contributions and don’t want to sound like a jerk.
I’ll put less of them then. Would you mind that?
They shouldn’t be to the point where they are ridiculous. For me, having many sprinkled throughout the image is better than embossed text or some regular text in the corner. I thought that wouldn’t distract the image?
I’ve also accommodated them for phone screens. As they would be nearly impossible to read.

Also there are many members who watermark really successfully, and you were one of them! But it’s just getting a bit overkill.
Yeah, before I used to just put one. I started adding a few more until now. I used to just put one. As I’ve said before, clearly it didn’t work. As they got removed… or even compression would make them useless.

Thank you for taking these critiques gracefully. Honestly we all really appreciate your amazing contributions. And honestly your watermarks prior to very recently were great! Please keep posting.
Thanks. I know watermarks can be annoying. So I went with what I thought was the best. I’ll turn it down, but will still add multiple. To prevent what has happened before.
I’ll be adding some hidden so they are not noticeable. And some a little more obvious. The point of it is so that if it is re-used, you know who is the owner.

Ok, I said we should’ve moved this over a while ago, yet here we still are posting on this thread. Off-topically.

Okay I kind of find this a stupid fight this all came from bibi Johny and a few others having fun with the pictures that they had taken of projects I have literally gotten to the point that I come on to the four threads they do this on to see where they're stashing if one in the thousands of pictures that they provide have a little bit of fun to it that's none of our business

Okay I kind of find this a stupid fight this all came from bibi Johny and a few others having fun with the pictures that they had taken of projects I have literally gotten to the point that I come on to the four threads they do this on to see where they're stashing if one in the thousands of pictures that they provide have a little bit of fun to it that's none of our business
I also thought the watermarks were fun. Trying to spot them all!

Why not place one or two max, in strategic places? Would that cover the purpose of them, while creating less distracting images of beauty? (Thank you to all the photographers taking so many photos. Truly adds a ton of value to this site for us all.)

#worldpeaceachieved

Why not place one or two max, in strategic places? Would that cover the purpose of them, while creating less distracting images of beauty? (Thank you to all the photographers taking so many photos. Truly adds a ton of value to this site for us all.)

#worldpeaceachieved
I’ll do 3 text max, and 3 drawn max.
Meaning 3 of the watermarks are text, and the other 3 are drawn.
Here’s an example from a photo I uploaded to the Canary House thread.
Hopefully not too intrusive while also doing the job.

bibi-l-don%E2%80%99t-use-without-permission-or-credit-img_9786-jpg.585102

I’ll do 3 text max, and 3 drawn max.
Meaning 3 of the watermarks are text, and the other 3 are drawn.
Here’s an example from a photo I uploaded to the Canary House thread.
Hopefully not too intrusive while also doing the job.

I think that looks entirely appropriate. I had to search, but once I found a few I realized it protects the photo, while not taking away from the content. :)

Back