Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

What do you mean "open to the public"?

If you're wondering when you can purchase a unit, almost certainly not this year.

I dont know about that, something has to give here?
the developer submitted an ........Application#: 11 269944 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Sep 7, 2011
at the time the city countered with, the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan (http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-51247.pdf). So 3-1/2 years later and no decision:confused:

Kreesman is not in favour of anything too tall for there......In the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan, "height zones" are designed to protect the public realm, + the waterfront.
https://twitter.com/jen_keesmaat/status/558696735082815490

Haha...Nothing that we havent already read, so the conflict continues:D

Real Estate Bisnow did an article on this in their Feb 3 newsletter, seems like the developer is still pretty confident...

"Pinnacle International continues to plot its massive mixed-use community on the Yonge Street site that's home to the Toronto Star building. We asked Pinnacle sales and marketing VP Anson Kwong for an update on his firm's bid to transform 1 Yonge into a new centre of gravity on the waterfront.

Pinnacle’s ambitious proposal—designed by Hariri Pontarini Architects—calls for seven towers at 1 Yonge, ranging from 70 to 88 storeys, on a site that's primarily occupied by a parking lot at the moment. Pinnacle is proposing four residential towers, two office buildings and a hotel, with multiple levels of retail. “This is the true definition of mixed-use,” says Anson. (The Star HQ will be re-clad, with floors added on top.) And if Pinnacle gets its wish, there’ll be a PATH connection to tie the complex in with the downtown core. A public square and an extended promenade along Yonge will also help connect the area to the rest of the city.

Some will gasp at the notion of towers as tall as 88 storeys on the waterfront, but Anson maintains it’s about finding the right balance. “In order for mixed-use to work you need economies of scale, otherwise the retail doesn’t survive.” Ultimately, he says, the goal is to ensure there’ll be a thriving complete community that's bustling day and night. “We want to create an environment where people can live in the residential tower, drop their kids off at daycare, go to work in the office building, pick their kids up, go to the grocery store, then back home.”

70526_1422968478_Anson-Kwong-medium.JPG

Anson sees the project serving as a gateway to the East Bayfront precinct, the first private-sector development in the Waterfront Toronto master plan that includes the Corus Entertainment HQ, a George Brown College campus and two parks, plus several sizable condo projects. But first the Pinnacle plan needs to get approved, a process that's been slow yet steady. The Vancouver-based developer submitted its application in 2013, and has been working with the city ever since to refine the proposal, Anson notes. “It’s such a large-scale project, and so critical to the foot of Yonge and Toronto's waterfront. So it’s going to take a bit longer to iron everything out."

Attachments

• 70526_1422968478_Anson-Kwong-medium.JPG
    70526_1422968478_Anson-Kwong-medium.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,272
I dont know about that, something has to give here?
the developer submitted an ........Application#: 11 269944 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Sep 7, 2011
at the time the city countered with, the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan (http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-51247.pdf). So 3-1/2 years later and no decision:confused:

Kreesman is not in favour of anything too tall for there......In the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan, "height zones" are designed to protect the public realm, + the waterfront.
https://twitter.com/jen_keesmaat/status/558696735082815490

Haha...Nothing that we havent already read, so the conflict continues:D

It's so odd that they want to limit height here when this is exactly where it should happen! Came a cross this image a while back but it supposedly includes this proposal and those around it that have been approved or proposed for the area....

image.jpg

I really like these and hope that it's built in the near future, it would add so much more variety to the mostly 40-50s forest of towers in the south core....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 2,450
I must be getting really annoying with all my PATH related comments in every thread but I am really happy and glad to see the developers here looking to make a PATH connecting underneath all these buildings. That is forward thinking.

Though the surrounding areas on Yonge are PATH-starved. This development will be a PATH-island of sorts. Hopefully it will spur further extensions north, west and east.

Also the Harbor Street extension going through it is a smart move. Why does Harbor street have more lanes than Lakeshore does in the site-plan render though?

The idea is to make Harbour Street the main street through here. They want to get rid of the expressway-ramp style wide sweeping curves of Lake Shore to make the area more pedestrian friendly.

My god I can practically taste that density. That looks amazing. Wow. It'll be really beautiful if it's well done.

Yeah, dont forget the LCBO lands next door, that'll throw a wrench into the whole mix,
..no developer in their right mind will pay big bucks (est. 200-300 million dollars) if they cant build density

Province Announces LCBO Waterfront Lands Officially For Sale
Sept-4/2014... It is expected that the sale of the site will be finalized by next summer.
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2014/09/province-announces-lcbo-waterfront-lands-officially-sale

http://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/corporate-pages/about/media-centre/news/2014-09-04.html

Anyone else notice that the Westin Convention Center building is in the render? No surprise, as to my knowledge there aren't any real plans to demo it. But still, that's a nice little parcel of land, and getting rid of the atrocity currently sitting on it would be a positive almost regardless of what replaces it.

Back