Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Why would eastbound Lake Shore be closed? That will cause a traffic nightmare.
As has been the plan for this project from day one, nine years ago, which we can see on any map of the project, the sweeping curve that takes traffic from Harbour Street up to Lake Shore is to be eliminated after Harbour Street has been extended a few block east. You'll be able to make hard left turns at Yonge, Freeland, Cooper, the new north-south street west of the Loblaws site, and eventually at Jarvis, then a right turn from any of those back on to Lake Shore. Another option if you're eastbound on Lake Shore further to the west will be to hop onto the Gardiner via the ramp just east of Rees Street and exit again at Yonge (which will replace the Jarvis offramp). The point is to make the area down there a livable part of the city and not an express transportation corridor. And again, the space freed up by eliminating the sweeping ramp from Harbour to Lake Shore will allow the City to create two public plazas in the area for people to enjoy.

And again, the space freed up by eliminating the sweeping ramp from Harbour to Lake Shore will allow the City to create two public plazas in the area for people to enjoy.

What ramp? It's just a curve in what's just basically one continuous street. And the angled intersection looks cool considering there's so few in Toronto.

Attachments

• 1598555116750.png
    1598555116750.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 295
  • 1598555116141.png
    1598555116141.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 303
The existing angled sweeping intersection is also hazardous, as it occurs on a fast moving one-way street. I regularly see drivers slamming their brakes on when turning left from Harbour onto Yonge, as they suddenly spot a pedestrian on the north crosswalk. Also drivers making double-left turns when they realize the lane is disappearing, which is even more hazardous for pedestrians. I always avoid the north crosswalk for this reason. The change to a right-angled intersection can't come soon enough.

Is the 95 storeys structure under construction again ? If so it deserves to be back on Toronto's Illustrated skyscraperpage page once more . I hope Koop's puts it's back in front of The One condo because of its height !

^ Today they were working on assembling the shoring rig, and with the arrival of the drill casings, I'd assume actual shoring on Phase 2 will be about to resume very shortly. So yes, I'd say the status is under construction for sure!

Back