Toronto Pinnacle on Adelaide | 144.47m | 46s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

very pleasantly surprised by how this tower turned out. The ocean-blue facade seen Marcanadian's first pic looks great in addition to the nice balcony arrangement they got going. The slanted roof is just icing on the cake.
As for urban dreamers thoughts. It will be interesting seeing how this neighbourhood develops in the decades to come. It's mind blowing how many condo developments are in such a small area. There are too many to count.

Attn: Toronto Condo Developers: STOP it with this crap would you?

I don't mean this project is crap but the overall glass balcony tower district is a future ghetto in the making. It is dreary and overall needs more variety--how about a red brick tower with punched windows?

I agree that the new architecture in the district doesn't really stand out, but seriously, future ghetto? LMAO

CtVYLi8.jpg

j0MgQl2.jpg

So far, I'm not a fan of these light sticks
turveY1.jpg

What was needed was some cool modern take on the old gas lamps of yore--warmer and more intricate design language against the cold minimal grey tones of the building--perhaps in a vibrant magenta pink?
FdGSp8I.jpg

amyM9Tu.jpg

Last edited:
they look cool at night but are annoying when lots of people are walking past and gotta weave and dodge them

Thanks for the photo scamander24. Despite their similar heights and cladding imo that whole cluster of buildings actually looks pretty good - at least from that view.

On a walk by today, I noticed 2 liquor license applications in the window.

One for Citta (Hanif Harji and Charles Khabouth) The first location opened recently in Cityplace.

The other was for a Fox and Fiddle.

Saturday, April 25:

IMG_7170.jpg

So, that's to say that the Fox and Fiddle is progressing inside.

IMG_7171.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7170.jpg
    IMG_7170.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_7171.jpg
    IMG_7171.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 847
Fox & Fiddle? Meh. Could be worse I guess.

The Fox used to be at this site before construction started (in the heritage building). This location always had a different (and better) atmosphere than other Fox locations, hopefully they can retain a bit of that feel in the new one.

Back