Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

When my wife and I bought in the Success Tower, 50 stories, we were told tower 4 would be half hotel and half residential, we're in what's called the tower residences, and our main entrance is part way around the cul d'sac (sp?) If you look at there website, on the amenities plan, you can see the hotel entrance is marked at the south west end of the cul d'sac There apparently is to be restaurants, meeting rooms, etc for the hotel in the podium portion. The success tower residents will be able to use housekeeping and room service facilities from the hotel. The Podium already has a dry cleaner, fast food joint and a day care centre. They had to build a lot of extra parking to replace the old lot so Air Canada Centre and World Trade would get back the spaces they lost due to construction.

May 25

2522101173_f59f6341cc_b.jpg

2522968654_826c6d66e7_b.jpg

June 17

Looking east the fourth tower is reaching ground level.
2587683239_6cf8d0df95_b.jpg

Looking north at the fourth tower, and glass is being installed on the Success tower.
2588475422_87bd47253c_b.jpg

Looking north from the corner of Harbour and Bay St.
2588475432_77960fd197_b.jpg

There is no mention of the hotel portion of this tower, the animated rendering shows 5 floors without balconies starting on top of the 5 floor podium, which would make the hotel portion 10 floors. Also if you look at the building amenities page you will see a total of 6 elevators, one looks like a service type elevator. Success Tower 1 has 6 elevators but they are split 3 for tower people and 3 for palatial people Does anyone find the elevator/hallway in the tower/penthouse residences awkward, suite #06 is placed well back down it’s own lonely little hallway shared with the stairs and garbage shutes? The elevator/hallway to suites #02 through #05 are also very awkward. Something seems wrong to me. Look carefully to the compass rose the north seems placed incorrectly to me in relation to what I would normally expect, north toward the top of the page. I’m sooooooo confused!

Palatial people?

Is that like one step above being considered classy?

"Oh that Urban Shocker. She's one palatial dame!"

or

"Who does that broad think she is being all palatial-like?"

June 26

From Harbourfront looking up Bay St at Success rising and to the left the crane for Success Tower 2, and a sliver of BAC.
2616564430_5c088d4911_b.jpg

Quick update from my visit to the sales office yesterday (June 29)

Sales person tells me Pinnacle have done their own market justification research which demostrated a hotel will not be viable at this location given a surplus supply of hotel space in the area, as such it is intended Success 2 will be entirely residential, no hotel component.

Off topic, if anyone has time you should go check out their model suites, pretty sweet on the 29th floor of Pinnacle Tower 2, view blocked to the south, but very cool nonetheless~

Appears Success 1 is reaching 25th floor... north view

Appears Success 1 is reaching 25th floor... north view
2412031970067700655brFLcx_fs.jpg

Great update, thanks Solaris.
Is it just me or are Solaris's images not displaying? I'm using Firefox 3.0 under Windows Vista SP1. Also, some animated avatars are not displaying (such as Redroom's avatar) and the UT logo only displays intermittently.

Back