Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

33 bay street

sany0615q.jpg

Hey Cal, Thank You for keeping the flame of enthusiasm going for us all, over the slow holiday season......I think every site in town was pretty much shut down over the past week?

that first shot is great showing the scale of these towers/this project. imo, the last 2 towers built (successes) are amongst the best green towers in the city.
BTW: is this tower success tower 2, 33 Bay, or Pinnacle tower 5?

is this tower success tower 2, 33 Bay, or Pinnacle tower 5?

I believe it was marketed as Success Tower 2 until the Bay St address became official, at which point all of the marketing material began to say 33 Bay Residences. Pinnacle Centre Tower D or 4 is just the project phase reference. (Correct me if im wrong)

Nice looking towers, surprisingly. I wonder how much better they would have looked had they used black glass instead of the vomit-green that is so ubiquitous.

"Nice looking towers, surprisingly. I wonder how much better they would have looked had they used black glass instead of the vomit-green that is so ubiquitous."

Agreed, the design is fine but enough with the green glass. Had a clear glass, or dark blue, or reflecting silver glass been used- these buildings would have looked considerably better.

Last edited:
Is there a practical reason that so many condos are using that colour glass, or is it merely (horribly overused) aesthetics?

Caltrane's right. The green tint in most glass comes from its soda-lime-silica composition. It's the cheapest way to make glass, so we get more of it than any other tint!

Back